1st ever jump

Kevin Atkins

Jul 20, 2009
Reading, Berkshire
Got a couple of pictures from a friend today, my first ever jump :D Was a great evening, looking forward to doing more. Be gentle on the technique, I'm only learning ;)

Jump2.jpg

Kev

Great pic, gorgeous horse and well done....I'm still jumping smaller than that and I've had my horse over a year now!:eek:

Yay! Congrats, don't you just love the feeling? It's scary but I love it! It DOES look like a good size fence though, so well done on that!

MY OH recently read a a fun piece of advice on technique written by a veteran show jumper.

Imagine you are sitting in a chair watching TV. In front of you is a table with a glass on top which contains your favourite tipple. Without taking your eyes off the TV, simply lean forward and etend your arm (or both!) to take hold of your glass. Return to your original position!

Px

MY OH recently read a a fun piece of advice on technique written by a veteran show jumper.

Imagine you are sitting in a chair watching TV. In front of you is a table with a glass on top which contains your favourite tipple. Without taking your eyes off the TV, simply lean forward and etend your arm (or both!) to take hold of your glass. Return to your original position!

Px

love it!

newrider.com