Sarcoids

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Anyone have ideas on how to keep a massive stinky sarcoid clean and fresh. Tintin has one on his hind leg, above hock. He had the Liverpool treatment and it came back and is now too large to remove. It looks a bit like Vesuvius.....gets crusty, and stuff sticks to it, and it leaks. I shampoo the area every day but it still smells horrible. I managed to scissor off his coat all around it again - only kicked once and crushed against a gate - and have put some of the herbal sarcoid gel that was supposed to remove it but didn't work. He isn't very cooperative and finding it hard to stop it getting yucky and smelly.

I'd get the vet back out, maybe it needs another course of Liverpool cream or maybe it would be a candidate for laser.

I'd get the vet back out, maybe it needs another course of Liverpool cream or maybe it would be a candidate for laser.
she has seen it multiple times, it is too large to remove as the margin you would have to remove around it would leave such a large hole that it would be dangerous to do. As the liverpool cream did not work and he hated it, was difficult to do, she did not recommend repeating it. So it is maintenance only.

That's a really good idea @Frances144 , he really is the top man on them and it sometimes surprises me how willing his is to deal with owners.

newrider.com