Zingy came to visit :)

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
So fall apart pony is once again falling apart. She started a few weeks ago with massive swelling on her neck and chest which thankfully I've managed to get down with aloe Vera gel and a large collection of global herbs products! She has been a big depressed and very swollen at the back of her tum which I can't put cream on as I will lose my face!!

Zingy popped over last week and gave her a zap (Bowen) with only six hours notice (cannot fault her emergency services!!!!) and she has thankfully picked up a lot - her skin and hair has started to come off again, but The swelling under her tum has massively gone down and she has brightened back into her normal cheeky self.

Bowen never fails to Amaze me - especially as I can't really understand the logic in it working (I'm quite matatic science based thinker) but it just does SOMETHING to Sil that nothing else does. Very weird! So fingers crossed that she is on Te upwards streak of the horrible episodes this disease causes - and no doubt zingy will have to visit in a few weeks to give her a "pick me up" and keep her on track with recovery.

I can't seem to upload pics at the moment but will upload some of her majesty in a bit :)

We are huge fans of Bowen in our household too, for the horses and for ourselves. Like you say, hard to say how it works but it just does. Looking forward to the photos.

So glad she's on the mend again :D She certainly seemed to enjoy it and it's the most chilled out I've ever seen her whilst she's been treated (only had to dodge those back legs a handful of times :p). Fingers crossed she'll be more stable now this winter and you can stop worrying quite so much :)

so sorry to read she is poorly again :( is it the same time of year?

but great news about the Bowen, i have never used it on the horses but think i would definitely be considering it!

Someone please inform me ... What is Bowen?!!!!!!!

I'm intrigued :)

Bowen is a very subtle hands on therapy which many people find is incredibly effective. Some horses don't like deep massage as they can find it quite invasive, but few dislike bowen. It works through gentle vibrations through the layers of tissue immediately under the skin where there are loads of nerve endings and capillaries and it helps to get the horse to rethink how it uses itself, so can have the result of reducing pain, increasing mobility, reducing muscle tension and many other things. In Silver's case it seems to help her regulate her immune response which gets out of control when her autoimmune disorder flares up. When that happens she basically attacks her own skin as she sees it as a foreign body to be destroyed.

It can be used on horses, people, dogs, basically anything. There's a bit more information on my website about it, or there's more in depth stuff on here - http://www.thebowentechnique.com/who-or-what-is-the-bowen-technique.html about human therapy. The principles on humans, horses or anything else are exactly the same.

Silver won't even let the trimmer pick her feet up - she can't tolerate anyone touching her at the moment as her hair falls off if you touch her :( That said she is otherwise in a very good mood and it definitely perked her up.

I think for her it improves her circulation and that helps shift her oedema's that she grows for fun. It doesn't outwardly improve her skin (ie. her hair still falls off!) but she seems untroubled by the hair falling off so it doesn't matter to me if she is bald - as long as she is happy :D

B shifting the oedema it also has a knock on effect with her mobility. She certainly stuck two fingers up at me in the school today :redcarded: Will try again with pictures shortly :)

Awww, bless her little cottons :( sorry to hear that she had gone down hill a bit! Maybe the Bowen helps to get rid of toxins that might be contributing to her hair loss etc?

I've heard lots of people who have been pleased with the results from Bowen on their horses, have been meaning to try it on Puz and Inca but just haven't got round to it yet.

before Bowen
ded949fb.jpg

f02c1f88.jpg

Today :D
bcb39d86.jpg

a93f1f51.jpg

b29c892c.jpg

Attitude much?! Me?!
b214a8d4.jpg

83bc2c9f.jpg

Her few bald bits - spreading each day but she seems ok with it all as long as I dont touch her - except with a rubber curry she loves that!
fa3ef775.jpg

99f53c9e.jpg

My beautiful girl... Xxx
4ef72f70.jpg

newrider.com