Ziggy's reading from Anne at Energy Whispers - long post

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Anne worked with Ziggy on Wednesday. I have very mixed feelings about her report. A few things are bang on, including some that even a thorough study of our forum entries wouldn't have revealed. Some are right off. Some are understandable, but a bit upsetting!

Where she got it right

"All the feet apart from the near fore seemed to be in good shape. The near fore felt like the pedal bone had rotated slightly at some point. It wasn’t severe but it had shifted and was stopped from moving any further just in time." - absolutely accurate reading of his laminitis and recovery

"He really likes his field and said he’s got plenty of shelter and it’s not too windy there. He also said there’s a lovely view and it seemed a pretty calm and happy place." Very true

"He gets on well with the other horses and there’s a mare in particular that he likes. He didn’t think he wore many rugs unless it’s really bad but he’s happy with this and finds it perfectly warm and comfortable. " The day before Ziggy had the chance to talk to the mares and spent a lot of time with Bella, whom he is very fond of.

"He did however show me him tipping some horse treats out of a bag so he could get them all!" Scarily accurate!

"The bit he described as a standard one (felt like a double jointed) and he’s more than happy with it. The saddle he’s good with too and there was no evidence in the body scan of it being an issue." He goes in a French link, and he likes his saddle.

"Out hacking he seemed to be brilliant with traffic- even showing me him going extremely close to a tractor and not worrying. " All true

"Despite this being good I still got the feeling that he was putting on a front to guard himself. At times there was almost a suit of armour surrounding him where he was happily saying everything was alright but there was a certain softness missing.
I don’t think he’s at all used to gentle and kind and thoughtful from the past and is better with this now than he used to be." I've always thought that Ziggy puts on a front and is anxious underneath. I was very interested that he did not really reveal himself to Anne, either.

Where she seemed to get it wrong was about his sharers, where the information he provided didn't make any sense at all, and about jumping. As you know Ziggy is a talented jumper with a huge pop, but he was on a jumping yard for a couple of years and was overfaced, so that he is very, very frightened of coloured poles and very overexcitable over plain ones. This is what Anne said:

"He actually seemed to have already done a bit of jumping and is good at it. He likes the pole work which he described as a ‘grid’ and also showed me poles raised at alternate ends. He enjoys anything which helps him be more flexible and will be a great jumping pony. However he did show me him fighting the rider after a jump- he explained that this was because they used their hands too harshly and they should have sat back quicker and used their seat more."

I have been doing a lot of pole work with him, and I know he is not scared of rustics in the same way, but even so this doesn't really sound like the pony I know.

Where it hurt

Anne asked Ziggy about me and he said this: "He sees you as a very kind and caring person who is generous to a fault. He loves you very much and is proud to be your pony but he does worry about you. He thinks that you don’t like yourself as much as you should do and that you get very frustrated with yourself at times. He would love you to be a bit kinder to yourself and feel good about yourself all the time."

Everyone who has seen this and knows the people concerned agrees that Ziggy is describing my groom, Carol, and not me. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as she sees more of him every day than I do at present! But it does bring it home a bit starkly.

I think my overall view would be that Anne does have a gift in this area, but that Ziggy was a difficult subject and her reading was only about 50% accurate. It's still interesting, though, and I'm glad to have had it done, especially as she said that Ziggy's internals were looking good, which agrees with my vet and is great after a colic op!

There's lots more, so if you're curious just ask, I'm happy to share.

Edited to add - Ziggy didn't eat his breakfast on the morning of the reading. He never, never ignores his breakfast. This gave me the willies a bit.

I think it is quite interesting. I too worry about getting a reading done because of my sharer and worry that Sully would think she is his owner not me!

I would like to see more if you are happy to share!

Oooh, have been waiting on this one as i knew it was due on wed.
Very interesting as it was the physical stuff she got completely bang on with Rusty's reading! Confirmed by physio, dentist etc
I had a few other bits that were wooly but felt i could neither prove or disprove as how i view him is only my interpretation, and i have only had him a year.

I am interested in the rest. PM me if you don't want to say publicly? I would love to have Tobes done, but just find it so hard to believe that they can do it from a photo!

I am interested in the rest. PM me if you don't want to say publicly? I would love to have Tobes done, but just find it so hard to believe that they can do it from a photo!

^^This^^

Would love to hear more. I also struggle to see how this can work using just a photo - but I really want it to be true!!

There's nothing I'm reluctant to reveal, and I am too frantic to send lots of PMs! So with apologies for the length of the post, here's the whole thing. Those of you who have followed our story - I'm interested in your views. I am still a bit, as someone said, "meh", but too much is right for me to discount it entirely. "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

"GENERAL:
When I first went to meet Ziggy I got mobbed by several other horses too! Once they’d said help though and realised I was only there for Ziggy they backed off. Ziggy is a very confident and matter of fact pony that doesn’t make a fuss about nothing.

PHYSICAL/HEALTH:
The first area that came up was the base of his ears which showed some energy disturbance. When I later went to his spine there was some issue in the poll but neither were a major problem.
The next area that showed up was both his front shoulders and knees with the knees showing more than the shoulder. He seemed to think that he was simply adjusting to being barefoot as it made his muscles and joints work differently. He’s happy being barefoot but is still finding adjusting a bit tricky as he’s got to work differently and needs you all to just bear it in mind when you’re asking him to do more strenuous work as it’s doubly strenuous until his body has got used to being barefoot.
All the feet apart from the near fore seemed to be in good shape. The near fore felt like the pedal bone had rotated slightly at some point. It wasn’t severe but it had shifted and was stopped from moving any further just in time.
The hind canon bone area on both legs were also showing energy disturbance and the pelvis was marginally out. I’d suggest being very careful of doing too much fast or high impact work for a while until these areas strengthen and cope better with the work.
Down his spine was really good and clear which was great to see. Also, internally he showed as being in great shape.

CURRENT ROUTINE/CARE AND YARD:
He really likes his field and said he’s got plenty of shelter and it’s not too windy there. He also said there’s a lovely view and it seemed a pretty calm and happy place. He said that in the winter you get a lot more frustrated with it (no surprise there!) and that you particularly dislike when it’s windy and you get more irritated by it.
He gets on well with the other horses and there’s a mare in particular that he likes. He didn’t think he wore many rugs unless it’s really bad but he’s happy with this and finds it perfectly warm and comfortable. He also didn’t think that you fed him hard feed unless he’d been worked but again wasn’t bothered by this. Treat wise I was surprised when he almost seemed to dislike apples! He did however show me him tipping some horse treats out of a bag so he could get them all!
His bridle he is fine with though he did mention the words ‘farmers friend’ which I always take to mean baler twine! Have you had to hold it together with some or maybe he meant it was made from plastic/material rather than leather? He’s not too bothered but he would like a new one at some point when you can. The bit he described as a standard one (felt like a double jointed) and he’s more than happy with it. The saddle he’s good with too and there was no evidence in the body scan of it being an issue.
He totally understands that he sometimes goes away and doesn’t have any issue with it at all. He sees it as his job to educate other humans and to help them with their riding. He said that often they’re ‘spoilt brats’ but underneath it they are nice people and he soon licks them in to shape.
I asked him about having his photo taken and he said that he doesn’t think he’s handsome enough to have his photo taken. I explained that he was gorgeous in a photo whether that be him covered in mud or shiny and clean. He does struggle with this so keep telling him he’s gorgeous!

CURRENT WORK:
The sharers he’s very happy with. He described one as being quite confident and capable with whom he does quite a variety of things. He thinks they will move on soon though as they need to go to the next stage. He recommended that they work on relaxing their hand as it’s quite tight at the moment and if they can get this sorted it will make all the difference to their riding. He’s actually quite excited at the thought of them learning this next stage and sees it as a great adventure for them.
The other sharer he sees as much more shy and gentle and unsure. He thinks that she’s constantly undermined and this has shattered her confidence. He said that sometimes she has some strange ideas but he goes along with them. He thinks that she doesn’t believe in herself as much as she should and that she’s looking for a technique to be good at so she can feel good about her horsemanship skills. However he said that she just needs to feel good about herself first and perfecting a technique isn’t the important bit, it’s the thoughts and feelings behind them that count.
I’m not sure if it was her or not but he commented that the rider needs to draw their shoulders back more but that otherwise the position is very good.
He seemed to be good at flatwork though he showed me him struggling to bend on the left rein particularly. He also tends to rush at times and doesn’t have the consistency you’d like. However he has a very good work ethic and determination. This can cause problems if the human doesn’t stand up for themselves though because he can take over!
He actually seemed to have already done a bit of jumping and is good at it. He likes the pole work which he described as a ‘grid’ and also showed me poles raised at alternate ends. He enjoys anything which helps him be more flexible and will be a great jumping pony. However he did show me him fighting the rider after a jump- he explained that this was because they used their hands too harshly and they should have sat back quicker and used their seat more.
Out hacking he seemed to be brilliant with traffic- even showing me him going extremely close to a tractor and not worrying. He doesn’t however like dogs beneath his legs but is fine with them at a distance. He also showed me a dark woods that he’s not keen on.
He loves going to shows and showing off. He enjoys the whole event and looks to do very well in them.

RELATIONSHIP WITH OWNER AND PRESENT BEHAVIOURAL ISSUES:
He is very secure in your relationship and loves having a job to do. He takes everything in his stride, knowing that you’ll make sure everything is ok.
He sees you as a very kind and caring person who is generous to a fault. He loves you very much and is proud to be your pony but he does worry about you. He thinks that you don’t like yourself as much as you should do and that you get very frustrated with yourself at times. He would love you to be a bit kinder to yourself and feel good about yourself all the time.
I forgot to ask him about the trailer until the end so I couldn’t spend much time on it. However when I did ask he immediately said that it was the dark he didn’t like. So make it as bright and airy as you can and it will help him.

PAST EVENTS/ LIFE PRIOR TO CURRENT OWNER:
Ziggy seemed to have had a good weaning and backing experience and no real trauma showed itself up. However he took everything very much in his stride so there was no need for anyone to react badly. I suspect that if he had reacted differently then the situation would have been different.
Despite this being good I still got the feeling that he was putting on a front to guard himself. At times there was almost a suit of armour surrounding him where he was happily saying everything was alright but there was a certain softness missing.
I don’t think he’s at all used to gentle and kind and thoughtful from the past and is better with this now than he used to be.

FUTURE HOPES/CONCERNS:
Ziggy sees his role very much as a teacher and there to help. He is very matter of fact and practical about everything and loves to see people develop. He’s very happy and secure in his life generally. Just work a bit on the feeling handsome and he’ll be even better!"

Oh! And here's something interesting. I had asked Anne about the loading - the only time Ziggy has loaded easily with me was when he was on the way to Liphook Horsepital with colic. It was dark, and the trailer was light inside. Weird eh?

Did you tell her he was barefoot? And how many sharers he had? And where does he go away? Did you tell her?

And I don't know you, but I do remember your posts when he was poorly. Are you sure it is a sharer he is talking about when he says that he would like 'x' to feel good about themselves all the time?

Hmmm interesting. I see what you mean about only 50% right. There are quite a few bits that don't sound too much like Ziggy aren't there?

It's so hard to know isn't it?! I think I'm still on the fence. I would definitely believe in it though if it was face to furry face!

Interesting reading. Still sitting on the fence but few things seem to ring true for you.
I got one of mine done today so will post tomorrow. Similar to yours. Some way off. Few weird things too.

It does make for an interesting read, I can see what you mean though with some bits seeming v.accurate and others maybe not so.

You've done such an amazing job with him and really brought him on....not to mention nursing him through all sorts lately!!!

Thanks for sharing. I have found out since Scarlets reading by Anne that a friend who has met scarlet does healing and a bit of communication, I showed her Scarlet's full reading and she agrees with a lot of it but feels there was a few aspects of her personality missing (no mention of how hard she tries to please or that she is sweet and a bit attention seeking when she sees me talking to the other horses on the yard) and her suggestion is Anne can only get what the horse she is reading wants her to, If ziggy was guarding himself then perhaps why you don't feel it was all accurate. . . That got me wondering if horses would lie, I mean humans do :unsure:

Anne can only get what the horse she is reading wants her to, If ziggy was guarding himself then perhaps why you don't feel it was all accurate.

A friend of mine is a communicator. She didn't think much of Anne's reading but said, "But then Ziggy is a difficult pony to read, very defensive".

I don't think it's about lying, but I do think that Ziggy projects an "everything's fine" attitude rather than revealing himself. I don't know why he does, but vets have commented on it too. Just part of his character I suppose.

I can't decide really, I mean, some things are accurate others not - but, how come the accurate things are so? Just wonder........hmmmmmm..........There must be "something in it" otherwise how do these people get the correctness at all? Cannot just be guess-work can it?

This is one of the problems i come up against all the time.

The horse's energy gives you what it gives you on that day, and as i know it takes me up to two hours to do it, i wouldn't waste extra time trawling through the forums to be honest. I know some people think that is what people do and it's guesswork, but when i told an owner the horse had a broken leg before she told me, that's not guesswork.

We are all made up of energy and it's this i link to, i don't need a photo. It depends on what enery you are working with, but it's physics and science for those who are facinated(sp) by science.

If you want a conversation with the horse you'd need someone to tune in weekly, what i'm writing here is a snippet of what i'm feeling and thinking, i may reply further on and give you a bit more. Does that make sense?, the healer is dealing with what comes up then, the same as an instructor teaches a lesson for that hour, if the horse then bucks you off the day that's extra.

The bits that don't sound like Ziggy are your interpretations of him, the reading is telling you his life from his viewpoint on that day. The amount of sharers, i wouldn't think a horse knows an owner from a sharer or knows necessarily how to count. If it was a question what do they think of you, i always tell people to be prepared for the answer. If i tell them the horse loves them dearly they feel that's rubbish and if i tell them about some faults they are offended.

What is interesting is people expect us to be 100% accurate.

A friend of mine is a communicator. She didn't think much of Anne's reading but said, "But then Ziggy is a difficult pony to read, very defensive".

I don't think it's about lying, but I do think that Ziggy projects an "everything's fine" attitude rather than revealing himself. I don't know why he does, but vets have commented on it too. Just part of his character I suppose.

Sorry lying was the wrong word...but more not telling the whole truth..hiding things.

Nothing wrong with being a closed book...all the best heros have that air of mystery :smile:

I want to believe my friend when she told me Scarlet held back on her feelings for me from Anne....but thats maybe because I want the way she acts with me to mean more than she told Anne.

x

I absolutely agree with Newforest that horses' minds work very differently from ours, and undoubtedly that has affected the way I feel about Ziggy and the reading.

From what I know he had a bad life before me and a nice one now. If he was a person, I would expect him to say, "Things are so much better" and even be grateful to me for being the instrument of a good change. But he's a horse, and he lives in the present. If he's happy and content now, he's happy and content, and he won't necessarily reflect on any difference between "now" and "before".

I also agree that because he's a horse, you'll only get how he feels on the day.

I didn't expect the reading to be 100% accurate, and I am not offended by anything in it. Even the bits that may or may not be about me! If I am disappointed, I think that's at least in part because I am a human and was half-hoping for a human-type commentary from my horse. Which is dumb of course... It takes a really smart animal to be that dumb :smoke: :redface:

I would very much doubt he is disappointed in you at all. Our back lady came for her second visit after I have done much work on Tobes shoulders - which are happily much improved. Ungrateful, difficult and an absolute PITA was how he came across!!!

I am sure he isn't, but as all the horses broke out of their fields yesterday it was hard lines and they all had to stay in whilst the fencing was repaired today. So not a great time after having been in all last night and all today for the back lady to arrive at 4pm this afternoon and do 'treatments'

In spite of his, oh my god I have to pick my leg up what a bore routine, I am sure somewhere in his uber shallow instant gratification personality he is appreciative????!!!!!

You have been fantastic with Ziggy's illness, and I am 100% sure he does recognise it even if he hasn't said so. And how annoying that he didn't!!

newrider.com