Ziggy's bits, update!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I am glad to say that after more than a week of looking really, really grotty Ziggy's sheath and navel (just in front of the sheath) are almost back to normal.

We still don't know what caused it though I do suspect the Sudocreme, but at its worst it was swollen, scabby, and peeling to show red soreness beneath. Horrid! But warm salt water compresses, benign neglect and a bit of aloe vera gel did the trick. Today his sheath was smooth and black and the area around his navel only has one or two scabs left.

He is a very resilient little pone. And he really enjoyed his warm compresses :giggle:

Don't think sudocreme is as gentle as it is supposed to be. Tobes who is king of the back leg kicking when applying cream to sheath (because the midges bite him a lot and it ends up really swollen) doesn't object to vaseline, but objects to .... neem oil, sudocreme and the Nettex itch cream

Ah, I wish Ziggy was a bit more inclined to tell me when things bother him. He is such a stoic little chap, inclined to say, "If Mom does it, it must be ok, even if it stings," even when I am being an ignorant muppet!

I noticed midges around today, in November! Cob had them around her back end and was tail flicking.

Ah, I wish Ziggy was a bit more inclined to tell me when things bother him. He is such a stoic little chap, inclined to say, "If Mom does it, it must be ok, even if it stings," even when I am being an ignorant muppet!

The cob has very strong views with things, if she says no she really does mean no. Being a muppet isn't allowed. She tolerate some things on her feathers and not others.

newrider.com