Ziggy feeing well

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Yesterday after nearly 2 months of dry we had a month's rain in a day. Today when I went over to feed the horses Ziggy was completely clean, with little lines on his short summer coat like the marks of a curry comb where the rain had run through.

He was very alert and gave several dragon snorts when I took him into the little paddock to feed, telling me it all smelt different after the rain. When I let them out after breakfast he went completely ape. He galloped flat out right around the track (leaving terrible divots at every turn), performed 2 splendid sliding stops, got down and rolled vigorously so that he is now pink, got up, galloped again, and then at the highest point of the field he reared and bucked and kicked and jumped and squealed (such a funny noise, he sounds like a dog toy being vigorously squeaked), then galloped right up to me, did a sliding stop and stood there panting.

I think he's feeling well!

Oh splendid, mine squeals too lol even though its great to watch them having a hoolie, i always have a wee niggle in the back of mind thinking, bloomin hell if he did that while i was on him:eek::eek:

Reactions: Trewsers
Well as I know from experience, if ever he does I just fall off, and then it's all over! But he has only ever done it once and I think I would realise it was coming these days and do something sensible (like shorten my reins. Or get off!)

Reactions: joellie
newrider.com