Your Latest Bargains Or Sales :)

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I have just listed two things and strangely the photos always make me want the items! Fly veil and halter.
Anyway mini bargain a BSJA fly veil like she will jump bigger but I liked the colour and the price :)
Two pole covers, but you may have to wait for my new Scary Mary jump for that.

PS are you selling as I can help have a nosey.

Reactions: Trewsers
A pair of shoes about 2 weeks ago - original price £79, I got them for £34. I bought them on line and wasn't charged postage. Luckily they are a perfect fit and very comfortable.

light weight rug for womble. Good condition £5

Western bridle & reins £10

Brand new old style blue muck boots £10

Spotty medium weight combo £15

brand new brown leather tots joddy boots ( hens teeth!) won for £5. They were listed terribly !! it literally took me hours to find them. I also got a pair of tots brown leather riding gloves ( hens teeth!) £8 however I annoyingly forgot the gloves for the show. I could of screamed !!! we had only entered for fun, but I wanted her to look perfect!

You have to smile with Flea bay.
I listed a bridle bag that I had used maybe three times. So it was in excellent condition.
Buyer had to put, a few bits of mud but fine on the feedback. What do they want it to be new in a bag! Its going to have a few hairs, a few strands of hay and god forbid some specks if mud.:rolleyes:
I sold hoof boots with most of the terrain attached with no quibbles. (I cleaned them you just cant get them spotless)

Ebay frustrates me sometimes! I sold some long leather boots which I polished to within an inch of their life. Still boxed and had original tissue paper inside. Only fetched £7. A similar pair listed, grotty, obv stored in a mouldy garage - fetched £24!!
What annoyed me was that person selling actually admitted hers were filthy and that she'd have a go at cleaning them before posting!!!
Oh, and I only got average feedback!!! Grrrrr.

I think my fav bargain from fleabay was a pair of dark brown leather long fashion boots. They were stunning and only cost me £1.99 plus post!!!
They were in such good order and I am guessing had been expensive when brand new. I still wear them two years on - not bad for that price!

Oh yes juneys saddle - 15" redi ride in immaculate condition. 45 quid. Came with stirrups and leathers (though the leathers are too long for even me!!(

Sold a saddle on ebay but had problems with the courier (Hermes). Dropped saddle in box off at garage which is our nearest Hermes Parcel Shop. Several days later purchaser contacted me to ask where his saddle was. After long conversation with lady at Hermes HO decided on the off-chance to ring the garage and see whether the parcel had actually been picked up. "Oh no", said the guy, "The courier refused to take it because it's too big, can you come and get it?". Rang Hermes HO back and told them what had happened and that I didn't think the box was too big. She told me to pick it up, check measurements and if it wasn't too big they would refund me.

Went next day to pick it up (sorry this is turning out to be a long story) and it had gone - courier had taken it. Turned up at the purchaser's address a couple of days later. But then Hermes unexpectedly paid a refund into my Paypal account anyway. Bit of hassle, but I got a free delivery, still unclear as to exactly what went on but at least saddle is now in it's rightful place!

I think my best horsey bargain came from local tack shop. A splendid quilted Jack Murphy coat marked down at £35 - think it was originally £55.

Sold a saddle on ebay but had problems with the courier (Hermes). Dropped saddle in box off at garage which is our nearest Hermes Parcel Shop. Several days later purchaser contacted me to ask where his saddle was. After long conversation with lady at Hermes HO decided on the off-chance to ring the garage and see whether the parcel had actually been picked up. "Oh no", said the guy, "The courier refused to take it because it's too big, can you come and get it?". Rang Hermes HO back and told them what had happened and that I didn't think the box was too big. She told me to pick it up, check measurements and if it wasn't too big they would refund me.

Went next day to pick it up (sorry this is turning out to be a long story) and it had gone - courier had taken it. Turned up at the purchaser's address a couple of days later. But then Hermes unexpectedly paid a refund into my Paypal account anyway. Bit of hassle, but I got a free delivery, still unclear as to exactly what went on but at least saddle is now in it's rightful place!

God that sounds like hassle! Glad it turned out okay tho.

My Hermes are absolute w*nk. They're like a bunch of toddlers trying to run a business. They delivered my brand sparkly new Ariat bromonts to my 'neighbour' before Xmas. Problem - my street has over 100 houses on and my Hermes didn't have a clue which house had my boots so I had to ask around... They'd delivered them to the other end of the street!!! One unimpressed customer.

My Hermes are absolute w*nk. They're like a bunch of toddlers trying to run a business. They delivered my brand sparkly new Ariat bromonts to my 'neighbour' before Xmas. Problem - my street has over 100 houses on and my Hermes didn't have a clue which house had my boots so I had to ask around... They'd delivered them to the other end of the street!!! One unimpressed customer.

Gosh that is bad.
I've had bad exp with a few couriers tbh. One parcel of mine ended up at a village pub miles away, thing is, someone signed for it - why??????? Totally odd and very annoying. Not long ago we waited in all day for a certain phone company to send our new iphone. Humph. I tracked the parcel and apparently, it had been REFUSED! I don't think so. They tell whopping fibs (the parcel company that is) because we were in all day and I was furious at their lies. Took a week to sort. Grrrr.

Gosh that is bad.
I've had bad exp with a few couriers tbh. One parcel of mine ended up at a village pub miles away, thing is, someone signed for it - why??????? Totally odd and very annoying. Not long ago we waited in all day for a certain phone company to send our new iphone. Humph. I tracked the parcel and apparently, it had been REFUSED! I don't think so. They tell whopping fibs (the parcel company that is) because we were in all day and I was furious at their lies. Took a week to sort. Grrrr.

newrider.com