Youngsters - Dragon Driving

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
I am just browsing DD and there is advert after advert advertising fillies who look straggly and have been broken to drive (one is 17 months old and was "broken in 6 weeks ago". She is a very unhappy looking filly :(
Another who is 4 years old (allegedly but looks like a baby as he looks very scrawny).

I feel like buying one and saving them from a miserable existence. It makes me so sad. :(

bit of a pointless post tbh but seeing the poor babies looking sad makes me unhappy. :(

I very occasionally risk a quick peek when someone puts a link up - but other than that I avoid it like the plague, leads to sleepless nights worrying about them all.:redface:

thats a lovely picture of the mare thats for sale. i can see that lovely and clearly .....

A horse does not nature physically until 6.
How can a horse look after a baby when they don't know about life themselves.

I wonder how much is effected by whether mare is you or old, as in ability? Though in wild guess get covered when come into season any age.

Oh dear. I want to produce Mouse as a ride& drive - he's barely 2 years old, and I was planning to wait til he was about 3 and a half before I got started - but now I'm thinking I better get going now as he is already waaaaay behind! At 2 he should already be doing 10km drives and learning to jump. If he's a ride&drive schoolmaster by the time he's 4 I should be able to get a few thousand £ more for him...

newrider.com