You need a good sense of humour to own ponies!

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I've finally stopped Dan from escaping into the rested grass **touches wood** and tonight I found only Jess at the hay, started poo picking around her and when after a minute the boys hadn't shown their faces I knew that meant they were up to mischief!

I walk round to the barn and the bottom slip rail is half down, que Dan jumping out and dashing past me :D but no sign or sound from hank, he'd gone around behind the hesston of regular hay and was stood on a pallet completely oblivious to my arrival noshing on the wrapped hay o_O
DSC_3521.JPG
I carefully dragged him off the pallet, pooping my pants that he'd get a foot stuck between the slats, successfully extracted, he gave that sweet innocent look before trying to make a dash back in as I was trying to sort out the chaos :D what are they like!

I always tie the bottom slip rail on, I guess I must have forgotten or someone just got lucky and undid it :D

Now the positive thing here, it's the survival of the fittest and the survival of the ones with more brain power.
Just think if they were Stallions, they would pass down and teach the foals how to escape! (I can't recall if the stallion sticks around long enough in the wild!)

But mine will hop up the five foot bank, eat her way along and hop off again. Only one other copies on occasion. So she's slowly teaching others how to hedge hop.

When does your power go on :)

Reactions: Jessey
Anyone who thinks ponies are just small horses should be given one for 12 months, preferably a native. And it's so hard to tell them off convincingly when you're killing yourself laughing, a fact they know and exploit mercilessly!

• Haha
Power likely won't be on until the new year @newforest, unless I can find an electrician will to squeeze us in before Xmas.

Is the cog yellow at the top of your reply pane @Trewsers, mine does that occasionally, just press it and you're able to use all the top bits again.

Absolutely @carthorse, they are not small horses, they are bundles of cheekiness and giggles, with a dusting of hair tearing frustration :D

Reactions: Trewsers
I am now convinced that there is some form of telepathic communication between Jessey’s ponies and mine.
Mine took advantage of my OH forgetting to put the trigger hook on the feed room door bolt last night ( it was blowing a gale with added hail, so he can be forgiven). Someone - I wonder who - managed to get the bolt open. Luckily they pulled down a bale of hay, blocking their way further in, although we do make sure any hard feed and the chicken’s pellets and grain are well secured. Nevertheless, they had made significant inroads into the bale.
Ponies certainly keep you on your toes, but I for one wouldn’t be without them.

Don't buy them a trampoline. :D

For anyone who hasn't seen it.
My previous lad used to treat up to get the tree branches in next doors. Organic pruning.

I adore my little 30 odd year old pony. As never had a pony as a child I never new how clever they are.

She is far to sharp for her own good and out wits the boys all the time

The vet said it's the mindset, she won't change it regardless of body we put it in. :D
Mum is so mellow it must have skipped a generation.

What's the rest of him?
His mum is a 15hh dun 1/2 Highland, 1/2 cob, and she works as a riding school cob in the yard where they bred him. Much favoured by all clients apparently.

Dad was a big ol' TB, the broad-chested big-shouldered hunting type. He was the yard's stallion for several years but died last year as a result of an accident in the field (hoolying like a mad thing, I am told).

Reactions: Sparky Lily
Haha! They are just keeping you on your toes @Jessey ;)

Try having a pony that lived wild for 5 years ... :D But in all seriousness, ponies are awesome and I'm not sure I'd own a horse again.

newrider.com