Yet another yard move !

nosy

Mar 4, 2008
right at the end of my nose
Hi
moved yards 2mths ago to be nearer home, DIY. love it at yard and horse settled right away.
Have been offered a better paid position, shifts and so where my yard is at mo- this wont be suitable for just DIY.
Have found a lovely yard - on route to work, gr8 facilities, clipping/wash room, heated tackroom, secure & alarmed. large stables, great menage & yard on bridleway.
This will be assisted DIY- as when on shifts will need some help either side of day.
I am so torn to leave my present yard as close to home but if i dont take this job - i possibly will be out of work .
frineds are at my present yard, but a friend is coming with me to new yard.
Think its just change again in such a short time & up heaving all my stuff & horse.
hacking will be fantastic at new yard but why do i feeel like this ??

Because it is change and we all worry about whether our horses will be happy. You are doing the best you can, you can't be unemployed because horses are expensive, and what you are feeling is just what I would feel. It will sort, and on the upside, the horse hasn't had that long to get used to the current yard, and the new yard sounds lovely.

totally understandable to feel a bit fed up - I would too!

There isn't really any option as far as your job goes - you know you have to take the promotion (and congratulations btw - you should be celebrating!), esp if the alternative could be no job at all:eek:

As far as the yard move goes - if you have to, then you have to, and you and your horse will cope - it is almost better sooner than later, before he is really settled.

But could you find reliable help at your existing DIY yard? Share/swap duties with someone? Pay pocket money to a horse-mad teenager? Freelance groom? Could be hard finding someone totally reliable, but might be worth it if you can?

Hi thx for both of ur comments.

I did ask someone at my present yard, but sometimes they dont get to yard till 8.30pm & wouldn't want to be in work thinking is my girl still outside in winter.
so yes have already asked the question, but present yard doesnt have anywhere good to hose legs as it will just add to the swamp- which i have been told the yard gets like in winter.
New yard is all concrete and an inside wash box - with lighting- so easy peasy .

think as I'm waiting to move- these thoughts always make you look through rose tinted glasses- I know the new yard will be brill & its quiet hacking that I desire.
Not moving on my own, so thats good. Just last minute nerves & so much going on in my life. change is awful at times !! thanks again x

I cried when i left my old yard, not because of the yard but the friends i was leaving behind. BUT my new yard is good and i made the right decision.

I've never cried when leaving. I'm one of those who hates change and so leaves it too long before making the decision to go and so is nothing but relieved when I do go.

It is a worry moving around but I hope it all works out for u and u relax soon enough :)

Joyscarer.....I did EXACTLY what u said in ur post at my old place....left it too long, 6 months in fact and was so so relieved when I finally left!!

Well, tonight my 4x4 is loaded up with bales of hay - to take to new yard.
The more I go to the yard I like it better and as moving day is next weekend, its not long to go.

Going to chill out this weekend, as most things moved now ! :bounce:

Thankyou for all your support as hopefully this will be tha last move in a long time !!!! x:wink:

scooby doo - yes it is a lovely yard and a new venture for my new YO.
She has been on livery yards and now she's got her own yard - knows exactly what she wanted & what we liveries require.

The yard is on National Trust land- so loads of off road hacking , also through the estate.
Can't wait now to move as I know my friend & I will be very happy there.
The yard is only small with the family, my friend & I and one other livery- who is a family friend of YO.

We have large stables- 10 rubber mats in my stable !!
heated tackroom/rug room.
large storage area for hay , feed bins etc.
large menage, good pasture, secure & alarmed yard.
clipping/washroom
well lit everywhere & concrete yard.
YO lives on site- directly opposite stables - so very secure.
bridleway right outside yard gate.
secure parking for trailer.
tea room, kitchen & a toilet :)

so moving day is next Sat- yippee.

Happy hacking days to look forward to :)

cheers x

scooby doo - yes it is a lovely yard and a new venture for my new YO.
She has been on livery yards and now she's got her own yard - knows exactly what she wanted & what we liveries require.

The yard is on National Trust land- so loads of off road hacking , also through the estate.
Can't wait now to move as I know my friend & I will be very happy there.
The yard is only small with the family, my friend & I and one other livery- who is a family friend of YO.

We have large stables- 10 rubber mats in my stable !!
heated tackroom/rug room.
large storage area for hay , feed bins etc.
large menage, good pasture, secure & alarmed yard.
clipping/washroom
well lit everywhere & concrete yard.
YO lives on site- directly opposite stables - so very secure.
bridleway right outside yard gate.
secure parking for trailer.
tea room, kitchen & a toilet :)

so moving day is next Sat- yippee.

Happy hacking days to look forward to :)

cheers x

Oh god now it sounds perfect. ;) we have no hacking unless you count housing estate. Jealous - oh yeh

Good luck and photies of new yard and ponio settling in. Oh any photies really - we love photies on here.

Hi
well 2wks we've been at new yard .
My girl has settled very well & we are venturing out on lovely hacks around the estate.
She wasabit snorty at first- due to acorns crunching under her hooves- but its so lovely to ride around there.
My only down fall- is my very nervous mate !
She also moved her horse there, she dosent ride very often as very very anxious about everything !
I sympathise & her comments were " well If i cant ride around here- there's sumthing wrong !".
As you've probably guessed - she's only ridden once- up the track & back, felt very sick in the saddle when we did venture together- I must say her horse was abs fine.
He is bargy & defo knows he's the boss- i have tried to get her to try again - but doesnt even want to get in the saddle.
Her horse now tries to barge out of the field & has succeeded nearly- to follow me & my girl.
He defo needs work, and just wants to go out & explore- but my mate is nt for going out on him-
help !!

newrider.com