Yet another weekend to be wasted..a totally p***d off rant now!

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
The car was supposed to be going for it's 'tests' yesterday, but mechanic 'forgot' that it was booked in.. and the garage was all locked up:furious: He said on the phone "could you bring it in tomo morning, it would be better for me" :furious: FOR HIM?!! Since when did the customer not come first?
He's repeatably let us down time after time, I've had it up to here with him, does he honestly think we have nothing better to do on a weekend, but sit around waiting for the bl**dy phone call saying what he thinks is/or not wrong with the car:furious:
This is the 4th weekend in a row, I've had to put wedding plans on hold, because I can't get into town to try dresses on etc.. It's only 6 weeks away! I'm at the end of my tethers over this car business, I can't get over to Buxton to see Bailey, I can't go over to see any of my old friends, I can't go and see my Granddad in Leeds, I have no one locally I can call in on, for a natter.. I feel like a caged animal, who only has work to look forward to and not much else..:cry::cry:
Even the garden's off the agenda, as it keeps hail stoning and raining.. Sometimes living up in the sticks really does suck:frown:
I've told Oh that if Mechanic is still fathing tonight, I'll go pick up the blooming thing myself even though I don't drive! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
This guy works funny hours, he can have a garage full of cars, but not be there, he can have an MOT at 9am, and not be there... why book appointments in you can't keep? Have been told by quite a few people now, he hasn't got a good reputation at all.. well it stinks now.. going to write a serious review on his garage, and really tarnish his reputation.. he's not going to get away with bone idleness any more:devil:
Pity we didn't know if this before we took it there, otherwise we'd have gone else where.. he doesn't even provide a curtesy car, which is a bummer when you have no car for two weeks, and can't do essential things like a proper shop, and the corner shop sure proves expensive when you're using it everyday..
Oh I just can't bare this!!

Guess what? It still hasn't been looked at.............. he broke down going for parts (unrelated).. Oh is going to pick car up and take it else where.. what we should have done in the first place :rolleyes:

Oh dear - I feel your pain!:poop: Can you find another mechanic that people do recommend? We live in the middle of nowhere and would be marooned without a vehicle so I know how you are feeling. Hope you can get it sorted.

Oh has picked it up, and is taking it some where else asap, but with a courtesy car available.. We can manage for a couple of weeks if need be - prepared to wait for what we need..
He had his doubts about keeping the car, now we've come to the decision that we want to get it right and keep it for the time being.. I think it's worth pursuing, we were looking at the swappage scheme that Kia are doing til the end of June, but it's just going to leave a long term hole in our pockets, and we don't really want one, it's just the offer is so good! (take a look at their website if you're after a Picanto)
I love that car, silly I know, but it was our first big purchase together, and has a lot of meaning if you know what I mean?

newrider.com