Yet another stupid hunting accident!

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Ugh on the news here "man out jogging with his dog shot"
It turns out to be a hunter that thought he was a deer~~~ ugh!~ isn't the first rule of hunting
IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET!!! and he got shot twice!

This one is bad enough.

But last year in the "last 5 minutes" of the "last day of hunting season"
a woman was walking her dog behind her house and was shot and got very badly hurt.
It turned out to be a State Policeman who thought her dog was a deer-- UGH this is horrible he did not
even hit the dog he hit the woman so he was some good shot.
Ugh think he was out to " shoot something" before the season ended!

Just as bad in Rhode Island a few years ago a hunter took "a deer" to a deer checking station
and it was a GREAT DANE dog.
I can not imagine being the warden at the deer checking station and have that come in!

I really can't wait til hunting season is over.

Gosh that's awful. I am glad we don't have anything like that near us to worry about. We having pheasant shoots but they are not that close.

Need tighter gun restrictions by the sounds of it. We don't have the same problem in the UK due to very tight gun laws.

I always wondered why my friend in the US rugged her horse in a dayglow turnout rug, and went riding in the woods with no traffic near her, then she told me is was so her horses did not get shot through the trees by brainless hunters, and her dayglow hat, jacket quarter sheet and disco lights were to stop the pair of them being shot in the woods!

As you say, you can have tight gun laws, the brainless prat on the trigger is the problem, not the gun.

I always wondered why my friend in the US rugged her horse in a dayglow turnout rug, and went riding in the woods with no traffic near her, then she told me is was so her horses did not get shot through the trees by brainless hunters, and her dayglow hat, jacket quarter sheet and disco lights were to stop the pair of them being shot in the woods!

As you say, you can have tight gun laws, the brainless prat on the trigger is the problem, not the gun.
True but we don't have the same worries out hacking in the UK as far fewer brainless prats have access to guns! Not sure what the situation is in Canada but some states in the US license CHILDREN to train with Uzis! That is brainless prattery in action!

Reactions: KP nut
Did the horrible fully automatic gun accident hit your news a few months ago.
Youngish girl at a proper gun range with parents- total details from news are a bit fuzzy in my head now.
They were working with an instructor and the girl wanted to shoot this fully automatic weapon for some reason.
The instructor let her it was too heavy and too much for her and the weapon whipped over and shot and killed the instructor.
It was very very horrible sad accident -and that kid will carry that all thru her life.
They showed part of the video on the news and the instructor did not have a supporting hand that I think he should have had on it.

Reactions: Gimp
Did the horrible fully automatic gun accident hit your news a few months ago.
Youngish girl at a proper gun range with parents- total details from news are a bit fuzzy in my head now.
They were working with an instructor and the girl wanted to shoot this fully automatic weapon for some reason.
The instructor let her it was too heavy and too much for her and the weapon whipped over and shot and killed the instructor.
It was very very horrible sad accident -and that kid will carry that all thru her life.
They showed part of the video on the news and the instructor did not have a supporting hand that I think he should have had on it.
Oh yes, that hit the news here too. Burgers and Bullets wasn't it called, Take your family along for a burger and let off high powered automatic rifles too.

We don't have the issue as a rule but I still wear hiviz in the forest, when officials are out culling deer especially, mostly I wear it so dog owners can spot us and get their dogs under control but you never know.
I totally agree you can't fix stupid o_O

Thanks for sending that wally. I had not seen an article - just the news story on tv at the time.
I did not know that range was a tourist attraction and when you said burgers and bullets I did
think that was how it was being" referred" to over by you.
Ugh not that it was a place called "bugers and bullets"

Jesse yes you never know. I have found for the most part lots of owners that let their dogs loose =don't think about and have
no idea about getting their dogs under control.
Luckily Sonny is fine with dogs all up and under him. Some times it can become a comedy show- the poor owner goes to grab the dog
and it darts off again and again. You just sit and wait it out. Sonny will stand quietly as long as it takes.
Most dogs even if they are barkey barkey and run up are not intending to be nasty and bite the horse.
You can kind of tell that different bark that means the dog is going to be more of a problem.
It's kind of cute with puppies when they are jumping around with their butts in the air "oh come on play".

newrider.com