Yet another how much question..

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
How much would any of you that keep horses on a yard or rent somewhere be prepared to pay for the following:

2 acre field
2 stables in field
water supply
post and rail fencing
field rolled on request
feeding and turnout if required
use of a school
horse box parking
lots of good, safe off-road hacking direct from field
safe storage for tack and other equipment

Just any thoughts please......

My friend used to pay 180ish a month for a small four box yard, no power, water was extra on a meter, no fencing to make paddocks, had to provide own electric tape and posts. No help on hand, responsible for all field maintenance. No tack room, they used fourth stable. Paddocks were prone to be pretty wet in winter.

Yours sounds nice, two acres not much for two horses though, would additional be available if needed?

To include turn out and feeding its got to be worth 100 a month at least I would say.

Yours sounds nice, two acres not much for two horses though, would additional be available if needed?

To include turn out and feeding its got to be worth 100 a month at least I would say.

Yeah, there is 1.5 acres available extra if somebody wanted.

I would say 175 with the extra acreage.

Is there power, water, anywhere to tie up, storage etc?

There is water but no power, though I might consider running a line in at some point (would have to see if it was worth it first money wise!). There is secure storage for tack and two large out-door storage boxes for rugs / hay etc. There are field mats for standing out on and tying up.

Sounds lovely wish I was round corner. With use of school and morning turn out duty sounds just right balance between livery yard and renting own place whole scale. Would rather have power as well as water, but like you say would have to cover cost.

Probably about £200 a month give or take, depending on quality of field/hacking etc. I'd want to be able to manage the turnout how I liked as two acres isn't a lot for two horses over a year (although I think I've just got field snobbery now the boys have about 10 acres!)

newrider.com