Yet another flower id thread

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
image.jpeg This morning I spotted this. Now last year Mr T had strimmed that bit - but this year it's been left. So I've put a garden cane in to support it. Anyone know what it is? Lol it's probably a weed!!! But it's pretty and I like it.

Reactions: Jessey
could it be a 'wild' blue cornflower - they are never as showy as the cultivated ones and dont have the pom pom type heads - looks very like one to me anyway - but interesting to find a definitive answer :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Sorry I'm no help but look at all that hay there ready for baling :D

Hmm, the hay isn't happening :( the guy who cut it for us says it is too heavy and wet for hay so he's baling it for silage. And hopefully a farmer will like it for cows. It will cover the cost of cutting and wrapping (hopefully). Seems a shame but lesson learnt, maybe I ought to have got them on it before it got so long??? And maybe I should have made my enquiries for cutting sooner. Least the local cows will enjoy it!

Hmm, the hay isn't happening :( the guy who cut it for us says it is too heavy and wet for hay so he's baling it for silage. And hopefully a farmer will like it for cows. It will cover the cost of cutting and wrapping (hopefully). Seems a shame but lesson learnt, maybe I ought to have got them on it before it got so long??? And maybe I should have made my enquiries for cutting sooner. Least the local cows will enjoy it!
Bugger, can he not bale it for haylage like he did with the rest?

Bugger, can he not bale it for haylage like he did with the rest?

Apparently not, I asked him yesterday and he seemed to think we might be wasting our money having it done for hayledge. I wonder if it is because it was so long when cut? And maybe because it was a totally new field? It's the one we had re seeded last year. It was a special mix of low cal for horses too - I asked specially at the local agricultural place where they are used to making bespoke mixtures up. Seems such a shame.

Reactions: Jessey
image.jpeg Just had a walk down and took some pics, they aren't very good - it's so hot here when the sun is out and bright, they are a bit blurry. I don't think it looks happy today? Flowers have closed up. Wonder if it dislikes the cane??

To be honest my very first thought was some kind of geranium but they don’t tend to have woody stems and they tend to have five petals too, I feel like I know this little fellow but I really can’t put my finger on it.
@Trewsers can you try and get a nice clear photo? Any leaves at all would be helpful too :D
@Jane&Ziggy some mallows are blue yes.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com