yes, its another "what colour of foal"

Palomino Mare

Jan 22, 2007
it will be a couple of years yet before, if i ever, decide to put my mare in foal.

i already have an idea of the stallions i woulkd like to put her to.

firstly she's a dark bay mare (almost black) with no white.

daddy no 1 is cremello - Homozygous Creme CrCr Homozygous chestnut ee and Hetrozygous Agouti Aa.

daddy no 2 is a coloured, i've seen is gene breakdown(is that what its called?) before but i cant find it now...i can PM you the link to his profile so you can see his lineage but from what i can out the only other coloured in his line is his grandsire although he's bred quite alot of coloured foals.

I am rubbish at genetics but if potential Daddy A happens to be a cremello warmblood stallion who lives in the Central Belt, i can vouch for his absolutely lovely disposition - I would be very happy to get a foal with his personality :) I think bay and cremello = probably buckskin? Chev will know :)

Last edited:
I know of only two. The one I am thinking of, owner has a good explanation of how the genes work here. I worked with him at the Alex Kurland clicker clinic in June, and he was a big sweetie (revised all my opinions of what stallions are like... He did have the loudest neigh I have ever heard, though, my ears were ringing for hours):)

thats a very good website! thank you! the diagrams work it out well too although i'm still a bit confused!!

he's not the same stallion (how unusual that there are two in the area!!). i got really excited as nature is a huge factor and i shall be visiting potential daddys and their offspring where possible. unfortunately he's too big for tiff...16h is my limit :(

newrider.com