Yes, ANOTHER bit fit thread with pics

KarinUS

May 20, 2001
Texas
users.wireweb.net
I had ordered a couple of new sizes for Minnie to try when we still were planning on continuing training so now they are here and I have to pick one for size.
This bit comes in gazoodles of sizes in 1/4 increments so we can be picky here.
How do you feel about this size? The bit has a curved mouthpiece so the bars going a bit forward is expected as it curves over the tongue

kkbit1.jpg

kkbit2.jpg

kkbit3.jpg

Id be happy with that :biggrin:

Although i would want to mayb drop the cheek pieces down a hole just to see what it looked like.

Id be happy with that :biggrin:

Although i would want to mayb drop the cheek pieces down a hole just to see what it looked like.
Here we go!

kkbit1low.jpg

kkbit2low.jpg

kkbit3low.jpg

How do you feel about it now. With the lips less drawn up it looks a bit narrower than before. But it's a eggbut (no pinching) not a lose ring so do you think it's still a good size on her?
Liked it better before or after dropping the cheekpiece?

I would check your cheek pieces are on the same hole! :D

No wrinkles one side, lots the other!! :giggle::D

Otherwise I prefer it down, but I would part her lips at the side if you can to see where it sits in the gap - as it curves forwards, it may be too low in the gap :)

I have this bit in 1/4" shorter. After seeing it in the pics with the cheeks lower I would say I definitely do not need to go shorter. Can I return the narrower bit or what do you think?

I'm no expert either but I think that it looks better now too.. And I think it will sit a bit different when it's not sat on the headcollar buckles anyway? That may be creating a more asymmetrical look than it actually is?

Well .......... I am using a NS Verbindend which has curved arms and a lozenge.

Initially I put it on with just the customary one wrinkle and off into arena with YO/RI for a lesson. She kept staring and said I can't understand why one side of the bit is sticking out more than the other. Eventually she came over and had a look and because of the curve of the Verbindend, in spite of the fact that it had one and half wrinkles on his mouth, it was touching his bottom tushes. So she put it up and problem solved!!!

It now to me, looks far too 'up', but actually he is quite happy having his bridle put on, and he would be the king of 'oh, something is not quite a hundred percent right!'

newrider.com