Yay!

shockblue

Oct 8, 2009
Derbyshire
www.ponytailsjewellery.co.uk
I've found that for some reason, with Maya, we don't seem to be getting anywhere for a while and then suddenly all in a couple of sessions we leap forwards.

We've been able to happily get some nice liberty circles for about 6 months now but that's it. We've been stuck at the walk/ trot and also a very long range canter, the send, the draw and the change of direction.

However the past two sessions I've been able to have a play around with things :happy: getting things like the send and the draw stronger and stronger.

UNTIL

TODAY!

I got some jumps/hops from side to side :wavespin: It's hard to explain, I don't know what its called or if it has a name. She was able to keep her HQ grounded and then leap from side to side with her fronts. NOT quite hopping from foot to foot it was more of a jumping.

I also got the beginning of some spins :biggrin:. Now that our draw is stronger I was able to get back when it back to the other half of the spin :smile:. It was slow and only one at a time BUT it felt strong and confident rather than all dribbly and blah.

Just thought I'd share. Been feeling a bit stuck in a rut recently. Don't give up!

:redface: I don't have much understanding of what you've managed to achieve (far too technical sounding for me at the moment!) but I get the sentiment about feeling stuck and then all of a sudden there's a leap. Hoping for one soon myself, so well done!:biggrin:

newrider.com