YAY - we finally have stubble!

happyhacker101

Mar 19, 2007
scotland
Sorry, no pics but we went for a hack around the stubble this morning - the local farmers only really started to harvest this week but it seems like others have been riding in the stubble for weeks!

Archie was lame at the start of summer and hasnt long been back in work so a bit unfit - we managed one small canter though and it was great. New saddle arriving tomorrow so hopefully, we can get back to the point we were at before he went lame.

There are no stubble fields near us - I am always reading about people enjoying a good canter through 'em in the horse mags! Me thinks I am missing out!!!! (Not that I want to go much faster on Storm - she is keen enough in a normal field!!!)

We had stubble earlier on but then the grass grew back :(

Farmers have started doing second/ third (i don't know which) cut this week though so am looking forward to some fast hacks next week! :)

I have only just in the last few weeks realised the fun you can have with stubble fields. I have always had to be so careful with moet leg on uneven or soggy ground...but the stubble fields are perfect at the moment and are everywhere around us!!

newrider.com