Yay.......we cantered......

cassiebird

Jul 4, 2009
hertfordshire
finally! I havent cantered sincei was about 12 years old and that was only on one occasion.....im off to do a 12 mile sponsored ride so decidied that there is a high possibility that canter will be necessary so i have ridden every night this week and last night i cantered on my friends horse......funny how fast it seemed to the inexperienced...... and tonight i did it on cass:bounce: My friend rode her lastnight as she is a very competent rider.....she managed a couple of strides on Cass but Cass has a really really fast trot (dont know if that is a fjord thing?). she was going to try again this evening and i thought you know what ill give it a go......so in two different places we had a go....i let her build herself up to the transistion but boy it was a fast trot before we went into it.......it wasnt pretty but it was safe and absoloutely bloody fantastic:biggrin: I cried as sooo damn proud of her.........god i love my beautiful cassiebird.....

Sorry for a very self indulgent post:redface:

:wavespin: Well done :dance: be proud of yourself too.

Hope you have a fab time at the fun ride - one of the girls from our yard is going to one on Sunday and asked me to go :unsure: EEKK!! I would love to but am not brave enough yet - nor fit enough , neither is Quincey, got to work on that one

Not self indulgent at all ... that is a huge acheivement ... you`ll be smiling for weeks :dance:

Have great time at the fun ride, though i`m sure you will, she`s a special one that girlie of yours :wink:

newrider.com