YAY! Spring is here, and new project to come

Luv 2 Trot

~I luv my boys~
Jul 7, 2004
On Earth :P
Visit site
Well, spring has arrived! So that means show ponies tuned-up and youngsters get broke! Woopie!

Anyway, i am being assigned a 14hh-ish 3yo QH colt to break, aside from working my 4yo, my friends 9yo morgan, and helping with my 2yo who is just starting plus all the other horses that need a tune up. My RI is going to help me throughout, like with getting him started on the lunge, with tack, and backing. But he said he wants me to do it mostly on my own. Hes a nice little horse, he will probably be stubborn more than anything. We are going to work him all summer and probably through winter, tuning him up and getting him around the show ring a few times, and then hopefully put him in as a new lesson pony, seeing as how the current one is 35yo this year.! :eek: Anyway, i was wondering if there were any tips or advice for starting a youngster. I have a 4yo that i bought broke, and im good at doing the undersaddle stuff, its everything else that is new. He cross-ties, grooms, lunges a little. But i am just curious if you have any tips or helpful thoughts about starting him correctly.

newrider.com