Yay! Back In The Saddle (random pics too)

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Well after two weeks off ridden work Cyrus's cut was so much better yesterday and just looks superficial now where hair has to grow back :biggrin:

So yesterday had one more extra day off ridden work and just did some free schooling which he was so good at and really willing and listening to me.

This morning went up to yard, was so excited as finally was getting to ride him :giggle: he had his breakfast, then I gave him groom, picked out his feet etc and hung out with him for a bit. Then got him tacked up. Put some vaseline around bit where it touches corner of mouth and on corner of his mouth and over area of cut.

He was his usual angelic self being tacked up, not a bother on him at all. Then he chilled in his box for a few mins while I got my hat and bp on and then we were off to the indoor arena.

He was a total star from start to finish. Took it nice and slow to start with and just had a nice long rein walk around. Then did warm up and he went so well lovely trot and did some nice figure of eights. Keeping very gentle contact. Some laps of canter on both reins and his transitions were lovely. He was just so willing and happy and responded nicely to my aids. He got lots of pats for being so good :giggle:

Then when he was nicely warmed up did some leg yielding for a few mins in walk and trot, was good on right rein but left rein not as good in trot as he is a bit weaker on that rein. Gave him another long rein active walk so he could stretch out his head and then did a short intro dressage test I'd watched my friends do yesterday at a show. He did great apart from falling in once but that was my error not having inside leg on enough. Finished with a nice cool down walk on a loose rein and lots of pats :bounce:

Just rode for about 25 mins or so but was one of the best sessions I have had on him when not in a lesson. Put some aloe vera on cut area after untacked. He got some well deserved polos and after munching some haylage and drinking some water, turned him out with his friends for rest of day :biggrin:

Thanks for the polos Mum!
IMG_2003.JPG

Ready to go play in the field
IMG_2010.JPG

Me and Cyrus

IMG_2015.JPG

Love him so much, he made me feel so happy today :wub:

He's obviously feeling fine - thanks to your nursing. Glad to hear you had such a nice ride.

What a lovely post, so glad he is now all healed up and ready for work. You have really found yourself a gem there.:happy:

Thank you all :biggrin:

I am just so happy he is ok again and was nice that first ride back after time off riding went well :giggle:

newrider.com