Yahoo cushings Group

Angie J

Mar 29, 2009
Are there people on this site that are members of the Yahoo Cushings Group? They are a great source of information on Cushings/I.R. horses. It's moderated by VDM Ellenor Kellon and she is a leading researcher in the field.

Angie J

Yes, it can be vey 'overwhelming' alot of the people on there are 'learned' way beyond my abiility to keep up.

I think of it like riding.... we are all at different 'levels' and the only way to 'keep up' is to keep listening, working at it, and improving in knowledge. There is alot in the arcives as well, which can be hard to manouver through; Usually if you ask for help, others will step up and point you in the right direction, or provide a link.

I learned ALOT there though, through just reading daily posts.

Angie J

I have been a member of both groups for a number of years. I agree that the American one with Dr Kellon can be a bit overwhelming, but they saved my pony's life when he first got cushings & have helped through every problem since. There are a lot of people on that site who are very knowledgeble & their work is research based on the whole. If it is not they will tell you.

The one run by Jackie Taylor is good too, but they can be a bit bitchy with each other & with the other group. I don't think that there are any vets or qualified people on that site - it's all personal experience (or it was).

Well I joined both groups last year but the Cushings group was scary:eek:. Very good but very intense. I get the feeling the Metabolic Horse one tries to follow similar principles ie. no chit chat as we are used to on NR:p They are good to turn too for help though. Both groups have access to an incredible wealth of knowledge and facts.

newrider.com