Xmas shopping.

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Have people started, finished, not even thought about it yet?
Working in the shop you see all sorts of different ranges of organisation, we sell Xmas cards in July!! It's very depressing!
I have done some as I've seen things I know I'll not see again and know what I'm getting so to speak but I'm not close to finished yet [emoji15]

We are not really buying again this Christmas. We just don't have any spare money at all after all the renovations on the house (which were necessary) so I am just telling my friends and family either not to bother or just send token gestures. I love being able to buy charity gifts for people - but sadly I just can't afford to this year. Though Mr T and I will renew our adoptions of donkeys and mules for each other!!
In past years I've enjoyed internet shopping from my chosen charities - I'm not one for trailing about the shops.

I said before last Xmas to some people could we please not buy each other as it costs too much,especially when some are families of 4 and I'm no my own with no help financially. My grandad has asked everyone for money to give to his chosen charity so we are all doing that. The adults of the family don't mind not getting things and often we just do a stocking filler but the kids are still young so we concentrate on them more.
I do love though spoiling my mum and dad and get very excited at making their stocking bags up :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Last year T and I baked biscuits and decorated them for family but this year I think he will be too busy. I have bought a couple of tiny gifts for my oldest friend who lives a long way away. We always buy each other a novelty or two. Have to admit, one of thing items I got for her I bought back in July!!!

I am normally a bit more orginised but this year just seems to have disappeared!
My mum done 90% of hers in January! Even went so far as to buy money baubles for most of the family and has all the money in the slits,she is super organised but she does admit sometimes doing it so early ends up costing her more as she sees other things throught the year!

I still have wrapping paper underneath the stairs which miraculously has survived a wall being knocked down, a huge flood and numerous splats of paint! Hahahaaa. Amazing what does and doesn't last when you have builders in! Heheee.

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
I'm just about to start my xmas shopping, I only really buy for my parents, grandparents and my sister though. No idea what I am getting them!

Most of mine is done, just my yard friend and her little girl left now, I'm really stuck though although I did find a tiny pair of riding gloves at the tack shop this morning that I couldn't resist as they are just so cute! I usually have everything done by bonfire night so am a bit behind this year.

I've done most of it:

I've literally just ordered my NR Secret Santa present :D

I've bought already: Mum's birthday present (she has a 3rd December Birthday), Dad's Christmas present, my Sister's Christmas present & my best friends.

I still need to get my Mum's Christmas present, brothers Christmas present & another friend.

I do it early to spread the cost - not because I love being organised!

I have just ordered my NR SS pressie. :D I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Ooooo I really hope they like it. I have a couple of other ideas that won't cost me anything so I will try my best to get them organised too. Stuff like this makes me love Christmas!

Pretty much done, mostly internet sourced this year. Tried to go into town last weekend and it was absolutely crazy! So I dread to think what it's like now.

Not often I am this organised!

newrider.com