Xmas joy and peace among men - excluding women

P

pinkheather

The village near where i live has as any village does a good complement of young men and their families, as is normal with young men some are a bit wild and some a bit wilder than others. There are two brothers both married with a young child who are a bit wilder than others and in trouble with the cops quite often this time they were involved in a fight where knives were produced [carries 4 years up here just for having one on your person] so are up to there necks in it this time. One of the village men was playing Santa in the village hall and all the young bairns were going to see Santa. One of the little boys of one of these brothers [who arent that bad really just wild] got on Santas knee and was asked what your name - how old are you - what is Santa bringing you and have you been a good boy to which the little lad said "yes i have been a good boy" to which Santa replied " Your no like your faither then". The wee boy went back to his Mum and said Santa knows my Dad and his mum enquired as to what he said so the wee soul told her. Well all hell let loose in the grotto with mum of said boy giving Santa a right good shoeing. Christmas, joy to the world and peace among men, but somebody needs to tell the woman folks.

:giggle: oh dear!!!! Sounds like a bit of a carry on! And I thought things could get hairy in our village hall this time of year!:giggle:

Crikey - what a misogynistic remark, PH! I'd have done the same as that mother. Don't you think that mouthy Santa's remark could have upset the kid? And is upsetting kids what he's there for? He's the one that wasn't spreading goodwill, not her.

Crikey - what a misogynistic remark, PH! I'd have done the same as that mother. Don't you think that mouthy Santa's remark could have upset the kid? And is upsetting kids what he's there for? He's the one that wasn't spreading goodwill, not her.

Don't think its misogynistic just a vision of some wee woman getting stuck into Santa. I am pretty sure the wee boy won't be too upset even if he doesn't see his dad if he gets jailed and I am sure he will get plenty of presents. One of my older brothers was in the big house a few times and I got it tight from a few people as a boy and wasn't upset it certainly taught me to stand my ground if nothing else. I don't think I dislike women I am too frightened of them just ask my sisters and Mrs PH who have all kept me on the straight and narrow for years. I guess its just an example of what we find funny round here at times.

I'd of hit the roof with Santa to ( but afterwards away from kids earsight)

Ive not long been back from our village kids xmas party. All was very sweet, and the stage was set out as santas living room, was lovely! All the children got a pressie ( which we had wrapped and delivered a few days ago) and lots of lovely yummy homebakes and savoury snacks on offer.

I left feeling very festive :angel: and my little one really enjoyed it ! She is only 2 so just getting to grips with the whole santa thing, but was very brave and went up on stage to get her gift :wub:

I hope the mum didnt beat Santa to a pulp infront of the kids??

I think Santa spoke out of turn to the wee boy and dont blame mum for being annoyed but causing an affray in a grotto?? I mean like seriously??

Funny yes but not infront of kids :frown:

Christmas, joy to the world and peace among men, but somebody needs to tell the woman folks.

I think its men in your post though that need the good will... From being arrested to upsetting children...

Im sure it did upset the child. I expect he is already distraught enough his idiotic father has got himself into trouble.

I expect the poor woman was at the end of her tether with a partner like that and a santa passing comment to her son. I dont blame her for kicking off, but repeating what I and others have said.. in front of the kids??

Im glad I didnt attend that village party anyway!

Ah well real life isnt always sweet and innocent it tends to be tough and brutal at times but most put it down to to experience get up and get on with it. The even funnier side of it is what you dont know that the guy playing Santa does a hell of a lot for the village and charity so best not to judge and just see the funny side of it.

Ah well real life isnt always sweet and innocent it tends to be tough and brutal at times but most put it down to to experience get up and get on with it. The even funnier side of it is what you dont know that the guy playing Santa does a hell of a lot for the village and charity so best not to judge and just see the funny side of it.

I agree with your sentiments 100 per cent PH - but I fear that you and I are from another dying generation and breed from a whole different back ground to the majority that are possibly slightly shocked and taken aback by your little story.. Sorry that really isn't meant as a criticism of younger people from a different background/culture - just a statement of fact and the way life is viewed by some of us due to our background and upbringing in a much tougher world, where you simply had to get up and get on with it or you would sink like a brick under the unfairness of it all!:redcarded:

Fairytale of New York says it all to me about Christmas sentiments TBH! :giggle: If you can't laugh at the funny side of many small tragedies in life, you will surely have a very rough and sad journey to the grave?:frown:

Having etiquette in a public place is nothing to do with what class you are in or what background you come from, same goes for how you act in front of children.

If your thinking everyone who raised an eyebrow at it has a hunky dory life of roses, from a background of utter bliss you would be very wrong.

Having etiquette in a public place is nothing to do with what class you are in or what background you come from, same goes for how you act in front of children.

If your thinking everyone who raised an eyebrow at it has a hunky dory life of roses, from a background of utter bliss you would be very wrong.

What a load of poppy cock - I cannot believe that you really think this thread and my replies have anything to do with the matter of etiquette in a public place or anywhere else, or how you act in front of your children to any given situation.

My remarks are more to do with the ability to laugh and find some humour in some sad and difficult situations - not a judgement of who does and who doesn't have a background of roses and utter bliss as you describe it. Maybe I should have said a different culture, if that would have insulted you less? I really didn't want to get into a 'who has had the toughest upbringing' match for goodness sake!:rolleyes:

I am ambivalent. I can see the scene in an episode of "Still Game" (don't know if you guys get that BBC TV programme south) and it would work very well in that comedy. What happens on TV Sit. Com. is meant to be a comment of the tragedy of real life,

I do think it's sad that a poor kid gets his Christmas treat ruined by a judgemental adult and his mother coming to blows in front of him. Had that been me I'd have scruffed the offending Santa later on his own!

I think poor kid but I also did giggle at the image it conjured up in my head and like something off jeremy kyle :giggle:

What a load of poppy cock - I cannot believe that you really think this thread and my replies have anything to do with the matter of etiquette in a public place or anywhere else, or how you act in front of your children to any given situation.

My remarks are more to do with the ability to laugh and find some humour in some sad and difficult situations - not a judgement of who does and who doesn't have a background of roses and utter bliss as you describe it. Maybe I should have said a different culture, if that would have insulted you less? I really didn't want to get into a 'who has had the toughest upbringing' match for goodness sake!:rolleyes:

I do have an ability to laugh, however I commented at it from how it was described, and having a little 2yr old and attending a xmas party myself on the same day this was posted - I replied on exactly how I would of felt about it My little girl is quiet and quite unassuming having some woman having a go at Santa would I know of upset her. If that had happened at my xmas party I would of been appalled and upset for the children - not laughing at it. I dont know why you are bringing backgrounds into it in the first place? Most odd

I dont know why you are bringing backgrounds into it in the first place? Most odd[/QUOTE]

Oh dear....then you have missed my point entirely and your comments on the thread are valid and mine are not? We shall leave it that I am "most odd" and you are not!:giggle:

In all fairness your "utter poppycock" comment did make it quite clear you thought that someone else's opinion and how they conduct themselves in public with small children around was not a valuable contribution.

No, I have not said anybodys comments are not valid?

I feel sorry for the poor child involved, already having to deal with his father potentially going into prison. I have alot of empathy for children who have idiotic rotten fathers, and the harm it can do to them, and the rest of the family and how situations can upset kids.

For the record I didnt have a tough upbringing so Im not sure why you think I am getting into a " who had the toughest upbringing argument " nor do I feel insulted by you! Please do not put words down you imagine I may be thinking.

newrider.com