Xmas Eve! What Will you be doing?

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
Just sitting at work right now waiting until 1.00 so i can go home!:p

So came on NR to pass the time hehe! :p

Cant believe its XMAS day tomorrow quite excited! My OH has got me 15 presents apparently and some for finnley/monty! :p
And of the course i cant wait to open my SS presie! :D

I hope to get very merry later on! Going out for a meal with OH's family, i plan on having a 'few' glasses of wine ;)

Whats everyone else doing?

Oh and before i forget...
Happy Xmas Everybody!

I am making a trifle today and cooking a huge joint of beef.

Need to do a bit more shopping but not too much thankfully.

Went out to our friends last night for a few drinks and have a bit of a headache today :D

Tonight will stay in with the kids, whom I expect will be very excited and noisy, and have a few more drinks and get the mince pies, which I made, and put one in front of the fire with a carrot and a drink of Baileys for Santa :D

So far.....
5.30am Paper round (I know, I'm the only 29yr old paper girl - my family have a paper shop)
6.30am Shower
6.45am Set off to feed Flipo (12 miles away)
7.45am Finish feeding Flip, warming his forelock to get rid of the icicles forming
8.30am Arrive at work (half an hour late)
10:00 Currently sitting on NR doing not very much

and
16:00 finish work
16:30 deliver pressies to Barnardo's families (I'm santa this year!)
17:30 feed horse
19:00 Home to wrap pressies

i was ment to be at work but stuck at home with a chest infection. Not left the house or seen the ponys since Monday :(

Think me and OH are going to pop into town and watch a film, everything else was finished last night :D

Had a lie in till 8

Have just finished cleaning the house so my mum doesn't have to do it later (its her holiday too!)

Going up to do horsey around 2.

Later picking my nan up and having a family get together at my house. Should be good but wont really be in any fit state for starting work at 7 tomorro!!!:eek:

currently sitting in work very glad that I have access to Facebook (special permission as I run a page for one of our brands, result!)

there's a sweepstake going on what time our directer will tell us to go, quite frankly I could go any time I like as my manager is off, so is her manager, and so is his manager and then I've run out of managers! Unfortunately my assistant (well I'm the senior assistant and she's the junior...) has had an attack of guilt and wont let me leave until everyone one else on our floor has gone

Tonight I have a million presents to wrap, what joy!

Hehe all sounds good!

Ive only got 45mins left of work! then im taking the dog out for a big walk and going to see finnley!

Im tempted to go riding but dont think i have time :( always the way!

I shall spend the evening trying to get son to go to sleep so that OH and I go wrap his pressies!

Had loads of snow yesterday and today so we wont be going anywhere unless by foot, OH and I went out for dinner last night and got a taxi back - car is still in the village and can stay there until the thaw!!

Have to work until noon today (which largely involves wishing people "happy holidays" and reading NR!!) then will head out to the barn to see Rusty. Will fuss over him a bit and go for a ride in the indoor arena (new sand added yesterday), then home to have a nice dinner with OH.

Was woken up at 3.00 a.m. this morning by my daughter who had gone out clubbing and her plans to stay at a friend's house went wrong, so had to collect her from the bus stop.

So had lay in until 9.00 p.m. (quite lazy for me :eek:).

Just driven 25 miles to feed and check Mimi's OK, luckily the icy roads have just turned wet, apart from the actual yard itself which is lethal, I had my first fall of the winter, ouch! She lives out and was worried that she might need extra hay, but luckily the snow melting and grass visible again, so no more hay - sorry Mimi ;).

Just driven 25 miles back, popped into a local shop to buy a last-minute present for my mum.

Am now sitting on the sofa, playing with the computer and watching a talking Beaver on the telly (might be Narnia or something, not quite sure!).

Still need to wrap my presents, take my dog out for another walk, but apart from that I'm gonna have a very lazy evening. I might even push the boat out and have a drink or two (I've got loads of booze in the kitchen, I tend to stockpile it, but I rarely drink!!).

HAPPY CHRISTMAS VICKI100 AND ALL NEW RIDERS XX

Up at 5.00 to do some shopping in tescos before the crowds, seems like everyone in creation had the same idea..
Then did my pressie shopping.. not much else until an hour ago then went up and fed horses, hay out in field fill tanks up from containers as water pipes been frozen for days..
Back now, then off down the pub tonight for a jar or two!!:D:D

spent yestrday collecting mum and dad - 6 hours driving, plus visit to A&E with dad on the way!

then this morning water supply frozen, no water in house. Have a water tank in barn so got it working and ferried buckets of water to the stables as the automatic system frozen, fields, house etc.

Have now iced xmas cake and about to make the mince pies - late of course. Ham is cooking, then about to make fish and chips for tea.

Would like to sit down at some point. Have to still cook xmas pudding, and think about what I will make tomorrow for starters and sides.

But we have some plum gin we made ages ago and I feel it is time to open the bottle!

Only got back from Wales late yesterday and the last half of journey home to ours was a nightmare, snow, thick ice on every road so very tired and not feeling too Christamssy TBH.

Son had coped wonderfully with dogs and horses while we were away - but we are having major issues with water butts freezing in field as fast as we hammer them and remove ice it freezes again:eek: They are all eating their hay like they are starving because not a blade of grass to be seen through the snow!:rolleyes:

Helpful son has moved some bales right by the gate for me so I dont have to traipse through the snow to get them from the barn but all in all its just not what I need today.

Going to make a trifle now and have a generous slurp of the sherry whilst Im at it -so think I may feel a little more 'festive' in about an hours time!:D

All horses done for tonight, tomorrows hay on yard and lots of spare water so I don't have to defrost pipes in the morning. Thankyou teenagers!!

Tomorrow quick skip out, top up waters and do morning hays then drive to Mother in Cambridgeshire (weather permitting) cook her lunch and get back here before dark and redo horses. Then we do pressies and r-e-l-a-x :D

Sadly not taking horses to Boxing Day meet as they have been stuck in stables most of the week so would be a bit :eek: but I think they are only going to take hounds on a quick lap of the estate they meet at so we will go on foot after morning stables

just thinking about going down to town to get some sort of food to eat tomorrow, and then will come back and probably watch the hound of the baskervilles on tv

newrider.com