Xmas eve plans!

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
So Xmas eve tomorrow! Is everyone ready for the big day??

Annoyingly my car exhuast broke last week and I have been a bit stranded, the shops are a long distance away!.. however where I bought it from kindly took it away and welded it all back together for me! So tomorrow I will be doing some last minute shopping. Ive got all my presents sorted, the last one arrived Saturday in the post ( I was getting worried it wouldnt arrive!) so will just have a mooch for any little stocking fillers and will be buying lots of treats from the supermarket ie - Wine, chocolates, nibbles etc!

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
Im working. And seeing ponies for the first time in a week! (They have been seen and cared for in the last 7 days)

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
I am not making to many this year. Husband and son don't like going out these days.

I plan to go to the carol service at my village church at around 4pm then midnight mass later.

Shopping done yippee! time to chill.....sort of. I am a bit on stand by for Evie

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Have a lesson tomorrow morning, will turn Cyrus out for rest of day and then head straight to meet family for lunch at lovely place nearby we go to every Christmas Eve (bringing change of clothes so don't smell of eau de pony too much :giggle: )

Will go home and have bit of housework to do and present wrapping then down to parents for the evening, my brother, sil and their two cats are staying for a few days.

Then home, relax, put on a Christmas movie and have a glass of wine :biggrin:

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
come evening I will be getting little one ready for bed, putting out Santa & Ruldolphs plate.... then when shes in bed I shall crack open a bottle of red ( or maybe the homemade Malteaser Vodka may make a small apperance!) and watch some xmas movies! Ive got the Vicar of Dibley xmas special recorded I might watch that to ! ( Love that episode!!)

I will also be devouring lots of nibbles !

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
I will be doing the same as today, coughing till I either spew of pee! :(

jovi_y2k2

Apr 5, 2002
South Yorkshire
Wrapping presents and baking whilst listening to Christmassy tunes! Then I need to pack as we're spending Christmas at my parents.
Christmas Mass tonight before gift dropping at various relatives, then off to my parent's house before retiring to the pub!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Tonight we are having our special Christmas meal - roast pheasant and a turkey joint. Its SNOWING here so I do feel quite festive!!!! We will open our pressies from each other tonight. Horses are fed up tho - tried to keep them out but they begged to come back in! So I put them into the school - they are managing to look like a pair of charity cases....

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Going to ride today and get my jobs done at yard then home and go to the pub for a bit. Pop back up to the yard later . Then get ready for 3 nights at work.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
been out on Bud, going to deliver some cards, then later see mum and dad.

boy it is blowey here today, we have had hail, rain, bright sunshine, you name it and it's only 1215

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
DISASTER HAS STRUCK!!!
Mr T now lying on bed. Went off to mend the fence and he's hurt his back and can't move without wimpering. Rang my mum (ex nurse) and she has given me instructions on his care!!! I cannot face taking him down to a and e and quite frankly he will not go!!! Me thinks its a pulled muscle or sciatica not sure which. Anyway that's me cooking the meal! lol Lord only knows how it will taste... hahaaaaa

Tillytoo

Dec 2, 2010
east sussex
Oh trews that is awful, dont worry about the dinner, its only a roast with a cracker. And if it goes tits up, fill everyone with wine, so they wont notice.

I am supposed to be working, but we are mainly chatting, eating and tracking santa on NORAD. He has made it to China.

Tomorrow I will be down the yard at 6 at the latest, big haynets and carrots all round.

Last edited:

Sparky Lily

Nov 27, 2008
Yell, Shetland
I hope Mr T recovers soon Trewsers.

We were going to spend the evening at a friend's house. But the weather forecast for this area is gusts of wind, with accompanying rain, sleet or hail, of up to 80-90 mph! So we are staying put with a bottle of wine.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I will pass on your thoughts for Mr T's recovery. He's a little more stable in that he's sitting up now, but I shall keep him rested and keep the warm wheat packs on his back. Just grabbing a pot noodle between chores! lol I didn't realise how much I relied on him for helping me on the yard!!!