XC schooling fun!

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Went xc schooling for the 1st time with Gift and my friend and her mare and our coach.

Was really good session. I wasn't riding great at the start I think just getting used to how she is as haven't really jumped her much before today (like only a couple little logs on a hack and a cross pole and a straight when trying her). She was brilliant, really keen and willing and not phased by anything. A bit green straightness wise and was glad to have studs in as she is not that balanced yet. She was loving it though and behaved so so well throughout.

Tired but happy now :D:D

I will try get some more pics soon :D

Apparently we did something right yesterday as my coach suggested we do a mini ode (pre intro at unaffliated level) at same venue next weekend, will be similar xc (13 fences) course, a dressage test I kind of know and sj round. Max jump height is 70cm so thats ok. My friend doing tomorrow so going to go watch setup.

:)

Reactions: Jessey
Didn't do mini ode we decided earlier in week it's a bit much of an ask and too much pressure really so going to do some hunter trials and then over winter work on flatwork and do some sj etc. they run the mini ode's in Spring aswell so aiming for that :)

newrider.com