Would anyone like to be part of my dissertation?

Thank you! Just to add I won't be using your horses images for anything except for the body condition score. Just as I've sent you Brodie's images as an example but I asked his owners permission, so just wanted to clarify that.

Reactions: Jessey
I'm completing the form now @Ale But unlikely to get good photo's in the daylight until Thursday or Friday. Will that be ok for you?

I'm completing the form now @Ale But unlikely to get good photo's in the daylight until Thursday or Friday. Will that be ok for you?
Yes no rush at all, I'm hoping to have all the data collected by the end of October, but it might even also involve the first week or two of November. Thank you ?

Reactions: Jessey and PePo
Just to let everyone know I'm in the process of starting the comparison body condition scores so I am sending out emails today ☺️ thanks again for all the help, sadly I've had one yard which I can't return to as obviously in lockdown still but I've found learning about equine thermoregulation really interesting at least!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I got your email, I’ll get mine rechecked as soon as we get a dry day 😊
The weather is looking good from Sunday which has motivated me not only because the grass will start growing but because it'll be so nice not having to take muddy wet rugs off horses to BCS them. Thank you!

Reactions: Jessey
I’ll get mine to you this weekend @Ale although moving yards may have put a spanner in the winter weight loss works.

Reactions: MrA
Thank you everyone so much, just loving looking at the pics side by side currently, everyone is so fluffy!! Pretty sure that I won't find anything conclusive but I notice no change to rugs horses are wearing last couple of days round here despite it changing from minus figures to plus 10 and warmer 🤔

Reactions: Trewsers
I notice no change to rugs horses are wearing last couple of days round here despite it changing from minus figures to plus 10 and warmer 🤔
I always cringe when I see that, they’ve got to have been uncomfortable temp wise at one end of the scale, mine are back in rain sheets again and will be naked over the weekend (they’d have been naked all week but I don’t like putting a rug on a wet horse and we’ve been having torrential showers so I need to be around to have rugs off)

Reactions: MrA
Unless they're liner rugs possibly? So the outer rug is the same but various liners are added/removed accordingly. Of course, could be totally wrong & they genuinely aren't being changed.

Unless they're liner rugs possibly? So the outer rug is the same but various liners are added/removed accordingly. Of course, could be totally wrong & they genuinely aren't being changed.
The ones I know are not, but you could be right with some as I made a sweeping statement there!

I clipped Dan at the weekend (just a tiny bib) and thought this morning it might be helpful for your dissertation if you haven’t finished already. With a little of his belly off you can really see how much a winter coat can trick the eye to believe they’re fatter than they are, goes to show why hands on is really vital in assessing their condition 🙂
02CB1CE3-3798-4A94-AADC-72CE7F0CF6EC.jpeg
2B8624DD-030C-41FF-BA74-6001D41862B9.jpeg

I didn’t think to at the time but could re weight tape him if you’d

newrider.com