Worry of the Day - Add Yours

Worried about money

Worried about whether I will ever manage to loose enough weight to be able to ride my adored horses. Very very depressed about that one as it is not as easy as some people like to think.

On the clearing up front I may have been worrying unduly about Rio :) Took her out for a short trip in the lorry with Tess today and she was fabulous, led a lot of the ride and had a few decent trots which looked pretty OK from behind :) Looks like we're about where we were really :)

would have to make sure it's not left around though as worried the kids would think it's one of those things you invert on the ground and then they pop up lol.

LOL, my boss put one of those on his forehead for ten minutes during a meeting we were having. He had a circular bruise there for about a week after. Not very professional!!

Nikkiblake, I know what you mean. The more I worry about it, the more I eat! Good luck with it.

LOL, my boss put one of those on his forehead for ten minutes during a meeting we were having. He had a circular bruise there for about a week after. Not very professional!!

Nikkiblake, I know what you mean. The more I worry about it, the more I eat! Good luck with it.

Funny, my brother found half a squash ball once and did the same :D Really attractive bruise it was!

I have a picture of it... but I cant find it :(

silly I know

I know you its silly but odin aging is playing on my mind. He is twenty four he is well but would I recognise when he wanted to retire ? Mostly whether he will be around for a good while, though a friend has a ned of 32 and fjords are hardy but... I know its silly as there is nothing you can do about it. The downside of having an oldie. Please reassure me that others have horses plodding merrily through their twilight years

J Leahy - My 20 (ish) year old has just had several months off due to my :poop: work hours, but now I am able to ride him again :happy:

He jogged and pulled the whole way round, and did 2.5 miles in 20 minutes :giggle:

Whereas the younger one took nearly twice as long, the big fatty :cloud9:

Geez Pharoah, I know that's what I ought to do, but how do you actually do it? You are talking to the woman who had nightmares about nuclear war until she was 30, and there was nothing whatsoever I could do about that!!!!

I was okay about nuclear war because I lived close enough to Faslane (the submarine base) that I was in the immediate obliterate zone! It was pointless worrying about it. I worried more once I moved to the area where you would know you were about to die if that makes sense?

I worried myself sick about anything happening to my pets during Hurricane Katrina though - even though the West of Scotland is fairly out of reach of New Orleans:eek:

Current worries as you know are split equally between the current situation at the yard and Littles suddenly seeming to age before my eyes.

My worries are sorted too.

Littles is back to normal. He was cantering about by himself this morning and is back to mostly hanging about with Joy and mutual grooming :biggrin:

Also, my yard problem has disappeared with her 2 horses leaving 3 paddocks in desperate need of poo picking. Small price to pay though :angel:

Not really a worry but today i feel sooo unappreciated. I help at the yard as much as my friend and she seems to get all the thanks and jobs done for her in return. I get nout!

Worrying a little about abbys hoof abcess flaring up again in wet weather and the ongoing pregnancy worry of 'OMG what have i done' but thats not really a big worry till next year when i will need sedation!!

Jane & Ziggy - i think i was born this way and Mum and Dad weren't worriers, could be genetic. I just stuck with the fix what you can and leave the rest to itself. It seems to have worked so far and if you think about it, things that you have no control over you can't do anything about anyway, so why worry? Maybe you could call it fate or destiny....

I am very worried about my ponies feet, my farrier seems to have vanished, boys are long over due, two are laminitics so not good.

Gave up trying to get hold of him a few weeks ago and have been desperately trying to find another. They are all booked up.
Eventually one said he can come next tuesday, was a bit worried as I don't know anything about him.
Another Farrier who I have heard good things about responded to my messages and said that the one I have booked is a good farrier, Phew, also said if I am not happy he will take on my lot.

It has been a nightmare.

My new farrier visited yesterday, on time which is godsend as old one was always late.

He was fab, very pleased with his work, he also does saturdays, so booked in, very happy.:dance::dance::dance:

My worry of today - and before - my MiL thinking it's perfectly okay for her to go up & play with Roxy when I'm at work :banghead:

!

After reading about all your worries, I am quite happy to say that I have very little to worry about. In fact, my biggest worry today is that I have booked a riding lesson after having a month off, and hoping I will be able to remember everything I was taught before! :wink:

I do have an odd sort of rash type thing on the top of my thigh that has been there for a bit though, that I should really get looked at. Oh, and I have a smear test to look forward to next month! :redface:

my worries of the day are wondering if i will definatley get paid tomorrow as have £1.43 in my bank account. Worrying about all my debts as well (despite being on a DMP) and feeling like they will never disappear. Worrying about if i am making the right decision to start a horsey career & fretting that my age, weight ( am currently a size 14.. have another stone minimum before will be reasonably happy) ) and height may go against me ( am only 5ft) ... and have had previous hassles getting my leg in the stirrups...I am daunted about the amount of things i will need to learn...and how long it will take me to get to BHS stage 3 ...The only thing in my favour is i am extremely keen & have already started studying horse anatomy/and looking at a chart with most common ailments..

worrying i will never find my "special someone" as i seem to have the most atrocious luck with men & seem to attract men who charm the pants off me and then i find out they are married/and or living with girlfriend. It makes me feel :cry: and i am at the stage wondering if its me???:unsure:

newrider.com