Worry of the Day - Add Yours

flump1967

May 19, 2005
new forest
Whilst talking to Joyscarer and Ruskii earlier today it occurred to me that whilst I always have at least one, possibly 3 or 4 worries on the go at any given time a new worry will nearly always take priority.

This new worry usually edges the older ones out and then I can even forget what they were - which sort of puts them into perspective (well sometimes it does...)

Made me think we should have a list of current top worries and then we can reflect on them in a week or whatever and see if they are still as important IYSWIM.

My WoftheD is getting eye ointment into Arns eye as he has conjunctivitis, which started yesterday. If I don't do it right I am convinced he will go blind and it will be all my fault.

What's your current WotD?

I am waiting for test results to see if i have Gallstones/Coeliac Disease or Divertyicilitis (sp) so i am worried sick at the moment!!:help:

Can I put down two worries:?!

One, very worried about Storm and her x-rays next week
Two, worrying myself about the combined flu and swine flu jab (see sep thread).

Cleanboot - sorry to hear you are waiting results, fingers xx for you.

Current worries as you know are split equally between the current situation at the yard and Littles suddenly seeming to age before my eyes.

Sharer still hasn't decided if they want to go ahead with the share, I thought they had decided after a text at the weekend but they appear to have changed their tune a bit today :(

Mine at the mo are my weight and its affect on Roxy.

Another being the situation with MiL wanting to ride although I'm hoping with a few gentle words in a particular direction this can be dissipated or resolved with an alternative solution.

On a personal level - I'm a bit worried about having all our mortgage info sussed ASAP. OH & I move into our own house Monday week, yippee!

Also, had blood tests today for various things - Cleanboots, one of which is also Coeliac Disease as I keep having some awful side affects to some foods (although for the life of me can't figure out what as there's no logical pattern).

Most current worry - went to the dr's today about contraception as the depo injection had turned me into a bit of a wreck. Currently not on anything (abstinence!) anyway nurse said she wasn't happy giving me 'anything'! so to make appointment for a doctor (in a WEEK is earliest!) Basically have had cholestasis in pregnancy so not happy to give me combined pill (although tbh was always alright on it before they knew about my condition!) have had a baby on the mirena coil. Mini pill, injection etc don't agree with me (cause extreme anxiety and mood swings coupled with weight gain, constant bleeding and producing milk!). They are trying to convince me to get sterilised but I don't want to and I'm only 30!!!! So now anxious about next dr appointment in case they try and bully me into something I don't want, also anxious they won't give me anything else and hubby will hate me forever lol ..............well you did ask about the newest worry lol.

Worried about Kal's move (Saturday) . . . specifically that we won't go through hell settling him like we did with the last one . . .

And for me, worried I won't get this job I've been interviewing for . . . really, really need the money.

N

I hope everyone's worries are elevated soon. <3

I'm worried about going back to uni because I know I don't want to go and I'm not ready for it. I have general anxiety disorder so its difficult to tell when I'm actually worried about something or if it's just the general way I feel.

Wishing all our worries away. Lets hope that soon when we look at our list things aren't quite so bad and have been resolved one way or the other!

not sure what business you do, but we were having that worry but boosted it a bit by getting some leaflets, postcards etc from vistaprint for marketing.....www.vistaprint.co.uk i think

We make websites - I'm just in the process of putting together a list of companies that we can try and market ourselves to - depressing work I'd much rather be at the stables knee deep in s**t!

Most current worry - went to the dr's today about contraception as the depo injection had turned me into a bit of a wreck. Currently not on anything (abstinence!) anyway nurse said she wasn't happy giving me 'anything'! so to make appointment for a doctor (in a WEEK is earliest!) Basically have had cholestasis in pregnancy so not happy to give me combined pill (although tbh was always alright on it before they knew about my condition!) have had a baby on the mirena coil. Mini pill, injection etc don't agree with me (cause extreme anxiety and mood swings coupled with weight gain, constant bleeding and producing milk!). They are trying to convince me to get sterilised but I don't want to and I'm only 30!!!! So now anxious about next dr appointment in case they try and bully me into something I don't want, also anxious they won't give me anything else and hubby will hate me forever lol ..............well you did ask about the newest worry lol.

laceyfreckle, have you tried the cap? I had to use that for a while and it's very side-effect free (apart from having the darn thing go 'boinging' around the bathroom gathering fluff when you're wrestling with it....:bounce:

I used to be a terrible worry wart, but ever since the menopause hit I've been a grumpy objectionable moody mare .... maybe I should be worrying about that? :giggle:

Well i'm just about to go to the Docs to have a mole cut of my face!!!!:biggrin:
i'm going to miss it it's been there 60+ years LOL...

Aw, be brave:biggrin: Lots of good healing vibes on their way to you. Pretend you are a spy or something having facial surgery after needing to change your identity. Well, just sounds more glam than having a mole cut off doesn't it?! Good luck.:happy:

Just be careful if you have a bit of weight to lose and you use the cap - weightloss can affect the fit of the cap so would need to be checked :wink:

I guess my biggest worry at the moment SHOULD be the results of a chest xray due at my doctors any day :cold: Been waiting over a week so have come to the conlusion if they find anything really nasty not much I can do about it anyway so what the hell!:frown:

But weirdly, I am worrying more about finding the right home for JJ and finding an old plod for me to still ride occasionally - but if the health worry is seriously bad news I guess I wont be needing an old hack will I??:bounce:

My Worry of the moment is Money or lack thereof. I'm juggling my o/d, salary and credit card to make ends meet and can't seem to improve on things.
I'm also currently concerned about trying to load Flip ever again, think I may have traumatised him last week and I'm worried about my weight - I've been losing a bit and doing well but now its stopped and crept back on a little. I just want to keep steadily losing, I'm scared all the good work has stopped.

My worry is when will my husband find new job. Worrying about paying the mortgage, bills, food etc but most worrying my horse's livery costs.

newrider.com