Wormer for red,tape and bot

Thats what I was going to use shortly on all 3 just to be on the safe side and then worm count again in the spring but on another forum there were people saying it caused colic. But other people said they used it with no problems at all.

Thats what I was going to use shortly on all 3 just to be on the safe side and then worm count again in the spring but on another forum there were people saying it caused colic. But other people said they used it with no problems at all.

Hmmm is it colic on horses that a worm burdened or just colic per se ??

My choice would be equest pramox.Does just about everything AFAIK.

I have never had or known anyone have any problems using it colic or otherwise.Although I have heard of horses getting colic after worming,but I thought it was more to do with the horse itself being prone or a heavy worm burden prior to worming,rather than a particular brand or type of wormer??

My choice would be equest pramox.Does just about everything AFAIK.

I have never had or known anyone have any problems using it colic or otherwise.Although I have heard of horses getting colic after worming,but I thought it was more to do with the horse itself being prone or a heavy worm burden prior to worming,rather than a particular brand or type of wormer??

Agree with what DL has put - I've used equest pramox a few times and the only time the horse looked a bit iffy afterwards was a youngster with a heavy worm burden.

When Equest was first brought out there were a lot of problems from skin rashes to death! They apear to have modified it since.

The colic appears to have been in horses with a heavy worm burden.

We use it and have had no problems - and that is despite me almost double dosing the ponies just in case they fancy spitting anything on me again! :redcarded:

However when I first loaned my mare her worming programme had previously been a little bit hit and miss (or non existent..) and when I phoned up a worming supplier (I can't remember who but it was recommended on here...) they told me, despite it being autumn not to use Equest Pramox and to worm them with something a little "gentler" first just in case..

newrider.com