Working Livery

It really depends where you are, it can vary hugely, I'm in east anglia and I saw one advertised recently on full working livery where they used the horse for 4 hours a week they charged £40 per week less than their full livery price

Its up the the YO to set the fees and decide the hours. Then for you to decide if that is an arrangement that works for you or not. It varies massively. Where we are I think the working livery deal is terrible! Same price as DIY and no limits on horse use! The only advantage is that working livery horses are treated like the RS horses and looked after by the grooms. So it suits people who have little time but can't afford full livery.

Thanks for the advice - it's a tricky one for me. I don't like the restrictions on when I can ride but appreciate that I have time constraints on looking after my horse as well.

Sharers are too unreliable. It's really hard to get anyone to commit to paying £XX a month for sharing your horse, which is a problem if you are reliant on that money. Working livery is fine so long as you set in advance how often the school will be using your horse, what for, and when. Keeps your horse fit!

My yard charges very little for working livery (under £100 a month) and that includes everything (care, bedding, feed.)

newrider.com