work experience help needed, mounted police?

anna15

anna15
Feb 18, 2007
west yorkshire
Hi im looking for a work experience placement for june next year, im 17 and currently doing my As levels. i was wondering if anybody else has attempted to get a placement with a mounted police branch, i understand there wont be a great deal i could do! but if i could just do some basic stable duties? and be around the right people to ask lots of questions it would really help me decide if its something i would like to do.
so does anybody know who i need to ring/write to? im in the huddersfield area. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

My friend works for the Greater Manchester police and I happened to come across your post while chatting to her on the phone - she said that in their mounted police division, they only take students 6th form or higher who are studying a relevant equine course and someone who has knowledge of horses. Apparantly they get masses of applications every year so she suggests that if you are interested get in early, as later submissions very often miss out.

Oh and West Yorkshire police apparantly have something called the Explore programme which may be of interest to you as you are the right age for it = its amazing what you can learn from someone you have known for 20 years who lives 200 miles away lol

Ah thanks for that! so it is possible, i was worried that they wouldnt take work experience applicants at all. il make some phone calls tomorow and see what happens, not sure what they will say, im studying sciences and maths i do have 7 years experience and have owned my own horses for the past 3/4years.

just to let you know i emailed with a generel enquirey, and they have forwarded to carr gate mounted section? so hopefully they should be in touch in the near future :)
Will let you know when/if they contact me, thanks for the help!

newrider.com