WOOHOO!!! News~ *pics*

HorseyMum#1

Trotting!!!
Apr 24, 2007
NSW Australia
Well it has only taken me 12 months since I got Ricky my 15hh QH/ASH and I have finally been able to trot on him. :eek:

Being a beginner rider and as Ricky is only 5, I have been really nervous about how he might react if I lost my balance or something. :eek: I have been able to ride him only at a walk and about a month ago I started practising my trotting on my daughters horse Kenny (a real gentle giant).:) It has taken a while because I dont get too many opportunities to ride. Anyway on Saturday I finally got to a stage where I could steer, bring him back to a walk and post to the trot without losing balance (on Kenny). :D

On Sunday my OH gave me the inspiration to try to trot my boy Ricky - he told me that I dont ride him enough because I ride Kenny and that I should sell him!!!:mad: Well, that did it!!! My daughter got on him and showed me how she could flop around on him at the trot and he didnt react so I had a go. Heart in mouth and after a deep breath, I trotted - initially only about 6 strides and then on to about 15!!! :D That may not sound like a lot but it was huge to me. Once I had done that amount a few times - with my heart still thumping I decided to go back to a walk and make sure he was happy to do this for me and to finish on a good note. Cant wait till next weekend to have another go (if the weather is kind). :)

pictures are uploading onto photobucket - wont be long! :D

:D Here are some photos my daughter took of me and my gorgeous boy during and after our ride.

horses08087.jpg

horses08088.jpg

horses08075.jpg

horses08056.jpg

Thank you for reading my thread!! :D:D:D

love the second photo - that is so cute, you guys look so happy. Rickys gorgeous and i love the tack as well. well done on the trot!! whens the canter??? ;)

WELL DONE!! Ricky is beautiful and it's so nice to see you and he are having a good time, well done on the trot - can't wait to see your next thread about cantering lol! xxx

Thanks everyone for all those lovely comments! I definately had alot of fun and cant wait to do it again!

However, I dont think a canter thread is going to come up for a while! Hopefully there will eventually be one - just not too soon!!

Thank you, very much beating_hooves for the lovely present! It's on the cabinet in its frame!
For those that don't know about this, beating_hooves made a lovely graphic of me and Ricky!!
My daughter printed it off and framed it for me as a present from her and beating_hooves!

Ill post a copy of it as soon as I get home (I'm at work).

Anyway, thanks again everyone and hopefully ill have another go tomorrow!

newrider.com