Woohoo...i can still ride :)

Rach1980

Oct 11, 2007
Clipstone, Nottinghamshire
I booked a lesson for sunday (just gone) i was put in the beginners class as the instructor wanted to see how i ride...she was very surprised when i mounted and sorted my own stirrups out lol throughout the lesson she kept asking me if i knew what various things meant and if i could do other things...we did some rising and sitting trot ( i knew i could still do this as i went on a hack with a friend on her horse) and instructor said well everything is great....do you want to canter?...i was like ooo yeah but thinking to myself well what if i can't do it anymore?? she said she had to warn me that the horse i was riding had a strange way of going into canter...sort of like when you see something speed up in a cartoon and it goes backwards first then launches itself forwards lol....anyway i did it and she was a bit like a rocking horse when she launched herself forward but wow she got some speed up :D
After the lesson instructor said she had to put me in that class as some people say they know stuff or they have ridden before but they have'nt etc so next week i'm in the next class :)
I LOVE IT....feels like i'm a kid again and i can't wait till saturday :p:D
Will keep you posted and hopefully get some piccies too :)

Edited to add ; i have'nt ridden in 12 years apart from a hack on holiday lol thats why i was soooo happy...i just re read post and i sounded like a bit of an idiot lol:eek:

Last edited:
There you go, straight back into it. Enjoy and get used to the fact that you'll never have any spare money again as you spend it all on riding :D

Glad you had a great time. That's a perfect example of why it's important to be honest about your riding ability! It's better to underestimate yourself the first time and then be moved up a group, than to say how wonderful you are and get put in an advanced group on a horse you're not capable of dealing with. I hope your next lesson goes just as well - and welcome back :D

Well, had another lesson today, was mostly practicing canter....my horse decided she didn't want to lol but got her going eventually, i'm sure the kids in my group think i'm a mad woman with me being years older than them :( i think the oldest was about 13....oh well they will have to get used to me i spose :D

Well done. When I returned to riding I started from scratch. I was also in the beginners group for a lesson - it all came flooding back. I even managed to trot on the correct diagonal - something I struggle to do at times now!:D

I actually enjoyed being in my lessons with the kids - they were merciless at times taking the mickey and could never understand why I had a big cheesey grin on my face most of the time!

newrider.com