Woohoo - free day off!

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
Had a scary drive into work this morning. I left home at just before eight to relatively better roads, then started to notice the odd flake halfway to work. OK, I think, maybe a few flecks, might even be blowing off peoples' cars. It started to get a bit more like proper snow.

I turned off the main road and suddenly I was in the middle of a blizzard, which combined with fog to bring visibility down to less than 50 yards. Turning round to go home was impossible as I'd left the main road and I was on the lanes so I pressed on. By the time I got to the office everywhere was buried under about eight inches.

We hummed and hah-ed about what was happening and around 9.15am we got the word to go home. :dance:

It WAS relatively clear back home, but it's starting to come down quite heavily now, so I need to decide what time to go to the yard.

I'd go now, so you don't have to be late home, and your horse will be safely tucked up in bed, leaving you with an evening in, with a bottle of wine:wink:

I've had a think and I'm just having this coffee then I'm going into town for a few Christmassy snacky things then I'll go to the yard about 3pm. Another thing to factor in is, the Co-op near the yard have got turkey crowns for £8-10 each whereas Tescos wanted £15 for tiny little things, so I don't want to miss out, but I don't want to get to the yard too early if she does want to come in!

<mean-mummy>I don't even know if she'll come in for the night because since they were put in a field with grass last weekend she won't be caught, and I'm sure as hell not making her if it means I don't have to get up in the dark to muck out before work!</mean-mummy> :tongue:

newrider.com