WooHoo Cally Cantered!!

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Unplanned I should add! I was out on a farm ride with some liveries on a mixture of owned and RS ponies. I thought it would all be in walk but we got to a hill they always canter up. The lead rider wasn't really thinking about Cally and so she cantered up and all the others followed suit. I was at the back of the ride with Cally who simply flew up when she saw the others go off in front. Blimey she can shift! She was fab though. No bucks and even though she was very excited she then walked nicely again. I really think she's amazing. The girls enjoyed their unexpected burst of speed too and were thrilled they felt confident and happy. Now grinning from ear to ear. (And that's just me :p )

Fantastic! First canter for her whilst riding out is a acheivement, and the fact it happened unplanned was probably even better as there no time to have any what ifs.Our fell can shift when she wants to too. I say ours is a horse on pony sized legs, Lol. x

Reactions: KP nut
I introduced my first canters following another and uphill..... well done! She sounds a little star :)

Oh brilliant, she sounds like she is following in the fab zak's footsteps, I can't wait to hear if Xav is going to follow suit and be as good :)

There is something to be said about pony sized little legs. They shift. I still remember our first canter.
Totally agree, our fell pony cant half move!!! Fell ponies are quite something else, their personality is huge and they can turn her hoof to anything, rather special IMO:).x

Wonderful feeling innit?

Tór lost his balance in trot the other day and fell into canter, I have no desire to work canter this year, but what he offered took my breath away. He will have a fantastic canter when he's older

Woohoo second canter!!

Planned and rather more in control this time!
We were out hacking and the flies were HORRENDOUS so we trotted to shake them off. That didn;t work so I though, well gotta try canter sometime.....

She stayed calm and steady, made no effort to pull or pass. What a little star!

Reactions: Ruskii and domane
newrider.com