wood pellets - premium or economy?

Last year, being a bit unsure about them, I paid the extra for the premium ones. (I bought a large pallet load which lasted all winter)

This year, I'm not sure whether to save a few quid and get the economy ones? Is there actually much difference once they have been down a week or two? :unsure: The stables have good ventilation, I don't have any COPD type horses, but the drainage is crap, so it is important the pellets are very absorbant.

I am mean enough to go for the economy ones,haven't found his bed looks darker or noticed any difference at all to when I used the premium ones.Only problem with the economy ones was the bags were very thin & can't tell you the number of times my fingers tore through the blessed bags so have paid for the premium ones this year.

i found the premium ones more absorbant than economy and actually found i was throwing more away and it was harder work mucking out when using the economy ones

The premium are made from virgin wood, whereas the economy are made from recycled wood so might have chemicals, paint etc in them. :nerd:

newrider.com