Wondering where people go.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Just musing really, been looking back through some old posts, love how it does that by the way, you know at the bottom of each post is a list of related topics.
Well, there were so many names I recognised from years ago it got me thinking (never a good idea) I wonder what makes people stay here and what makes people disappear.
I guess people come and go as life changes but I'd love to know how everyone is these days. Speaking of which anyone know where @horseandgoatmom ? And @Gimp? Are?

I have not totally fallen off the radar.
Getting that nasty flu threw me for a loop and the weather
has been anyting but spring like:(:mad:.

I want this snow gone to be able to play in my rd and ride.

I no sooner got flags on my rd pen played a couple days and then we got
that big snow that rained heavy on top of it and froze solid like cement.
Then geesh to add insult to injury we have had really way below temps so
really no melting.

Thank goodness todays snow is missing us.:D;):)

On a really good note though my flags have held there own out there thru
50+ mph winds.:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

I do need to change the St Pat Day to Easter flags but the snow has to melt a bit first to get out there.

I know @horseandgoatmom is still about as she has replied above and she gives us lovely updates and pictures on the hacking thread. I think @Gimp moved house as someone else on here now has the lovely Rosie Posy.
I have also been wondering about some people, sjp1 and vicki also I used to love reading Karin US diary ..I suppose as you say life changes and people move on..

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I sometimes wonder where folk go. I used to love some of the old usernames and some of them stuck in my head for ages! I guess people just move on - or maybe give up horses for a while?

I see Karin US on Facebook but I don't like the Facebook page. I can't see the point in a string of posts with no way of retaining or searching for information. But I know lots of people like it!

Oh dear, they've all gone over to the 'dark side' lol.
I am just not remotely interested in Facebook, I'd much rather catch up here, but it seems to be taking over everyone's lives these days..... must get with the times says my daughter, bog off says me :D

I have never been a prolific poster, but I have been around for years. I have been heavily involved in other things for the last three years, and have only recently started looking at the forum regularly again.
I tried to upload a recent photo of the ponies, but got the message that the file is too large. I am not technically minded and don't know how to change sizing, so all I can say is that they are all as cute as ever.

I miss KarinUS! What happened to Minnie in the end? She had that suspect lump in her hoof.

Yes I would love to know what happened to Minnie, i think the last time I read her diary Minnie had a huge Keratoma removed from her hoof and Karin was having to keep it clean and wrapped up. I think that's what it was..i could be wrong:oops:

I am not on Facebook. I think it's an addiction for some, without realising.
If you cannot go one day without logging on, it's an addiction.

Maybe those who left got out of horses or just found the page easier?

I know, I often think of people who used to be on here too. SJP1 is someone I think about, Toby was so challenging at times and I'd love to know whether he ever became less quirky and more dependable. I'd love to hear from @Gimp too, she disappeared so suddenly, hope she's ok.

There are several that I miss - and although I am not on here so much myself these days - it does seem rather sad that each time I foray back onto the forum so many of the old faithfuls have gone and it loses that familiar feel I find? But I guess we all take different routes in life and move on and leave some very good virtual friends behind us. Still a bit sad though :)

I don't do Facebook either

I am getting tired of the non spring like weather. I really want to be out playing
With obstacles
and riding.
I feel like I jinxed it putting the flags up on the Rd pen.
But the whole northeast got that horrible snow so I guess I'm not alone.

newrider.com