Wonderful weather at last

Morganna

Feb 23, 2006
North Lanarkshire
Today was absolutely roasting here, the sun was out and there was no sign of all that horrid rain we have had. I had a girl come and see Arion today with a view to taking some loan sessions on him over the weekends while I am at work and we had a lovely hack out around the park in the sunchine and I really enjoyed my Bank Holiday Monday for a change.

Anyone else having a chance to enjoy our lovely weather today?:D

mine have been out rugless all weekend and today, even big wimp toby! unfortunately i don't have today off (university doesn't let you have it off unless your technical/support staff!), so no chance to enjoy the good weather :(

Took Mr C up to the tracks today for our first proper canter in an open space and it was fab - hacked for about 1 1/2 hours with 3 lovely canters - poor boys were very sweaty when they got home!

Forecast says its to be like this for the rest of the week hers so hopefully we'll get out again for some more!:D

you all sound like your bank holiday was a lot more adventurous then mine:eek: I enjoyed the sunshine by giving Piccolo her first ever bath though and she behaved very well, considering.

Took her for a little walk up the road in preparation for her playschool debut on friday. (WHEN did i think 7 month foal and 20 3yr olds were a good idea:eek:) she's come a long way from the unhandled filly i bought nearly two months ago.

Lacey is unfortunately on box rest but as she can't handle being in a stable for 24hrs at a time we have compromised. she has suspected LGL although is now sound other then when ridden and is in during the day out with a muzzle at night. Today though i think she was pleased to be in out of the heat and flies and layed down in her stable for a snooze before i left.

All toasted here. Lazed about all day (saddle wont be here for another few weeks so no riding:(), sat out in sun, walked dogs, generally had a lovely day BUT I'm always off on a monday so it doesnt really count for me.

Managed a full weekend without fighting with hubby so thats a record for a bank holiday:D

It was Soooooo hot here. I had a riding club SJ show, just a little fundraiser for our juniors who have qualified for the festival of the hunter in Northants (a fair treck away!). It was far to hot, and Oscar stood in the shade sleeping in between rounds - literally jumped the last jump and instantly fell asleep! He did good though, won the 80cm, rider error run out in the 90cm, and second in the puicance, which was the most terrifying experience of my life!!! We crashed through the last jump (a horribly scary solid looking thing built out of walls and blocks at 1.15m plus spread), and he nearly fell on his nose, poor thing. Palominomare video'ed it, but is forbidden from posting it as I would be linched for terrible riding (was shaking and went into it basically encouraging him not to jump it:eek::eek:). Never again will I sacrifice life and limb for their fund rasing!

Daughter got chicken pox today but wasnt ill, so spent it on the boat with daddy, watching his friends diving! She was a bit scared when they all popped up out of the water, aparently. Creature from the black lagoon!

newrider.com