Wonderful lesson

I'm beaming. Had the best lesson yet so far. We started out trotting and working on my two point. Then she set up poles and said we will try something new today. So I did some posting over the poles. The third time around she made the last pole into a crossrail. So as I'm coming up to the the poles I see the crossrail. I was in shock:eek:, I didn't even see my RI set it up. This may have been good, cause I had no time to panic. Went over it ok, the next few times were very enjoyable since a made sure to look straight ahead. My school horse too is a dream, so smooth and responsive. It had been about 8 years since I last jumped, and back then I had only jumped a few times. Tomorrow, I'll post a video of it, luckily my OH was there to videotape it. And my RI is so cool, she was just so excited for me and pleased I did fairly well since it had been a while :D. To top it all off our stable is having show this weekend and she said she would enter me in a walk/trot class and a walk/trot/canter class. I hope I do well, I think I'll be real nervous. It's a beginner class since I'm just back into the sport. I'm not the best in my transitions, just learning to stop the horse with my seat rather than with reins. Something I was never taught in the past. Amazing how many things I'm learning.

Last edited:
Yeay!! Will done you!!! :D So glad you had a great lesson, is always good after a fall, is it your first lesson back since?
An again good luck with the show, you'll be great!!!

newrider.com