Woe, cold coming on

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Feel low. Have sniffle. Sore throat.

:skull:

Bottoms!

However, look on the bright side. I am working away for the next 2 days so won't breathe on cafe customers. Plus if Steve and I do get to go away in a week or two, my cold will be over!

I got some of that Vicks first response, brilliant, every time I feel sniffly like a colds about to come have a snort or two and old is kept at bay, been using it all winter and no cold :dance:

Colds suck. HOpe you are better soon - you need to mollycoddle yourself when you get home, take it easy and it might just go....

OH's father used to gargle and spray his nose with salt water every morning. He rarely got colds. OH and I began to do it too.
I am not saying this is a miracle cure for colds but, after failed antibiotic treatment of longstanding sinus and ear ache, I did an internet search to see what other people were doing and decided to give it a go with a commercial product.
Sterimar is what I bought at Boots.
I now see there was a product recall of Sterimar at one point last year but I didnt know.
I dont use it every day only if I feel I need it. I havent had any antibiotics since and I no longer get ear ache when we fly.
My own father used to gargle daily and spray his throat too with some sort of pink liquid, but I dont know what that was. Salt water seems a good modern equivalent.
Our fathers were both born in 1901 and lived till their 90s.

Hope you're feeling better, I felt absolutely rotten all weekend with a stupid cold - today I'm better but a bit coughy. I hate being ill, I feel so sorry for myself. I don't do well as a poorly person, terrible patient.

Just eat shed loads of garlic, you'll smell so strong that nobody will come near you and breathe their cold germs upon you (more a preventative measure).

Dear God - just when I thought I'd heard it all!

But I'm sure I can confirm that my OH's alcohol :poop:s are the worst...

Does he drink guiness? I have had the unfortunate experience of going in for a wee once a guiness :poop:had been done..It would have woke the dead *puts peg on nose* and then *throws up* a:)

sorry J & Z for ruining your thread and talking about smelly :poop::redface:. You can :throwball:at me

newrider.com