Wish me luck - please!!!!

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
Well, tomorrow morning - another 4.30 alarm clock call - I have elected with friend to ride the route that incorporates horses in fields along the road.

Tobes is a bit of a twit when he passes horses in fields - in fact, he was so bad last year I very nearly got rid of him. Have done groundwork, been on a confidence course and have tried to organise us into doing better.

So friend said this evening, lets just do the main road block tomorrow morning because she needs to be in work early. I suggested we do the horse route - an hours worth and back - am I mad!!

Just feel I need to get this issue sorted because it is bugging me, so positive vibes would be much appreciated, as would any advice ............

ooohhh good luck, sure it will be fine, remember to breathe..... breathe... dont hold your breath at scary part keep breathing and relax .. good luck x

WOW good for you - sounds like your confidence crept in and made you speak up to face your fears.

Sure you'll be fine! I find singing to my boy helps me stay calm - not sure my singing is all that relaxing for his poor ears though lol.

Enjoy your ride :biggrin:

Good luck mrs, you'll do fab - and agree, at least you won't have to spend the whole day worry about it (although I do think you need your head checked for a voluntary 4.30am start:tongue:)

4.30 am is a good time, its light and quiet lol

I will be getting up to take swimming daughter training at 4.15, starts a 5am and it takes us 25 mins to get to the pool.

So when I am watching swimming daughter I will hope all is going well, deep breath and think positive! Good luck and enjoy!!!

Good for you, I am sure everything will be fine. Keep smiling and laughing when you pass the horses. Hard to tense up if you are laughing, although at that time of the morning you will be regarded as completely mad if anyone sees/hears you. :bounce::bounce:

Update!!

Well, we set off this morning, friend had informed me only one set of horses in fields along that lane - she drives it from yard to home. Clearly had neither her contacts or glasses in because there were THREE different fields of horses we had to pass!

Friend started telling me long and convoluted story before we arrived at the lane. Was finding it quite hard to concentrate on it in any case (early morning and complicated!). First lot were up high and far away and didn't notice them. Second lot came galloping up the field. Smile instructed friend, and breathe, and look straight ahead - lips were stretched in rictus like smile, was trying to join in conversation which hadn't completely got my head around anyway and head was forwards!!!

Tobes was actually very, very good. His tail lifted slightly, but not the Arab effect we usually have, he did a half snort, not the usual clarion scream and he walked fast, but he walked past and wasn't his usual twitty self. I think quite helpfully there were some dustbins out, some partridge in the yard and two guinea fowl as well, so he was of course having to keep one eye out for those horse eating items as well!

We went up to the house, turned around and came back down past them again. The galloping horses had returned to the bottom of the field and didn't bother coming past again, the mare and foal were just stood quietly and the horses on the steep were sunbathing up the top.

Felt hugely relieved and quite jelly legged - but WE DID IT! :smug: So shall do that route a good few more times next week I think and try and get over our problem because it is quite limiting when you have to plan your routes to avoid horses!

So thanks lots for your support

Well done you, smile and breathe indeed.... it does help to breathe I have noticed when I am stressed onboard!

Repetition should help as well so great plan, well done...you should be :smug: now:biggrin:

good luck!! i recommend neckstrap & singing!!!!!

x

I second this . . . RI has noticed that I am much more relaxed on hacks and ride much better when I ride one handed . . . and I've always sung to Kal when things get hairy.

Best of luck . . . and enjoy!

N

newrider.com