Wish me luck for tomorrow....

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Ben and I are entering our 4th affiliated dressage competition tomorrow. He has been going so well over the last week or so and we seem to have finally (after 5.5 years) got the hang of riding in a contact. All I want to do is to get over 62% which is the magic score that is deemed to show that you are not completely rubbish, and 3 scores of 62% qualify you to enter into a Petplan area festival. There are only 4 people in my class and I desperately want to beat someone. I know that it is not all about winning (we have never come close to winning dressage) but when you have come last in as many competitions as I have, the thought that we might not always be relegated to last place is exciting.

It is my wedding anniversary today and last night was spent in a posh hotel with our boys drinking champagne and paying far too much for not very nice food, so today I am hung over (but drinking again as it IS our wedding anniversary today) so tomorrow may be a struggle! However, I am hoping that this will relax me and make my legs far less tense than they normally are! Any good luck vibes are appreciated. x

Reactions: sophie33 and MrC
Happy anniversary :) You've got this but good luck vibes coming your way anyhow, you know the first year I showed Bo I entered 26 in hand classes and only actually made it to the end of 1 without being asked to leave or withdrawing :eek: but with persistence we got there, he held national titles before he retired to being a happy hacker :) half the fun is the journey (though the odd ribbon is nice :D)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I was always last on Cally. But we had fun and kept improving. My opponent was always the score sheet! I kept being told any horse can do a good test but I am sure floaty horses with effortless paces have a huge advantage. That was most certainly not Cally. Nor, I assume, Ben? So I think you should be very proud of what you have achieved with him x

Reactions: Mary Poppins
Thank you all for your good wishes. I was so, so nervous to the point that I was actually shaking doing the test! It's stupid I know. The judge was pretty harsh for everyone and we managed 60.9% and third place. I was really pleased with my lovely horse though. He really looked after me and we even managed to do some of our canter work in an outline. I am really starting to enjoy this dressage lark. I don't have any pics as I was on my own.

newrider.com