Wish I had tried this before

Tracy1

Jun 27, 2009
Cumbria
A myler comfort snaffle, after two years of head tossing, chomping, and being agitated with bits , with teeth done I will add, I tried a myler full cheeked comfort snaffle today and shes been the best today thats shes been in two years, was very happy in her work, no chomping, no head tossing needless to say have ordered one on trial from the horse bit bank, just wish I had sussed it sooner after many failed attempts at different bits

Isn't that funny. I had my boy in a Myler comfort which was the best of a bad lot of bits as far as he was concerned, but still the snatching, refusing to halt properly, rooting at the bit, getting above the bit ........ continued.

Recently, I swapped to a Rockin S raised snaffle and wow - what a difference! Albeit we have only ridden at walk for a few miles because he has just recovered from being lame.

Just goes to show that every horse is different.

Am really pleased for you - am so envious of people who stick any old bit in and their horse is just fine!!

I will be selling my Myler - but it hasn't got the cheeks but has the hooks so probably no good for you.

I agree Tracy.

My Joy when from throwing her head up and down in a French link to working without issue in a Cambridge mouthpiece. I put it down to the stability and predictability of the bit in her mouth. She did it with other way better ridders than me too cause at first I thought it was all down to my crap hands!

However, I wanted a little bit of mobility in the bit to help refine our happy hacking schooling a little more so got her the Myler which was good for stability but gave me the independant side movement I wanted.

I rode Joy in her old French Link the other week and she went back to the head tossing again so I know I've made the right choice and wasn't imagining anything...and yes her teeth are fine before anyone suggests that might be a reason!

Kels had a problem putting her tongue over the bit so she'd had her jaws clamped with a flash, which I swore I'd get off her.

Loads of bit/noseband combinations later I hit on a Myler Comfort, and she's almost cured, and hopefully the flash will be gone by summer - she misses it if I don't put it on, so she has it on loosely.

newrider.com