Wintec Wide sizing Q ?????

tew38

May 31, 2006
Hi there,

I have a Wintec Wide saddle for my completely flat backed cob and it's the best thing since sliced bread for him.

I want to double check it's got the right gullet in it and I know you can buy the gullet pincers-checker-thing for the normal Wintecs but does anyone know if you can get one for the Wintec Wide?

Thanks!

Tbh if the gullet needs checking then the fit of the rest of the saddle will need checking too so why not get a saddle fitter out.

No I don't think there is a checker for the wide model.TBH I have never found the gullet guage much good anyway,tend to judge mine by eye and my own common sense.

I have the wintec wide,and I find it quite easy to 'fit' do you have any reason to think the gullet needs changing,or do you just want to check it??

Thanks everyone that's really helpful, appreciate it. :D

I was thinking of taking the gullet out like Skippys Mum suggested so I'll have a go at that and compare which one sits the best directly on his back, then I'll pop the best fit one in the saddle and check that again.

I thought the whole point of all these removable gullet saddles was that you change them on a quite regular basis as the horse changes shape throughout the seasons, so realistically getting the saddle fitter out 3 or 4 times a year isn't a very economical option for me.

newrider.com