Wintec western pics, info and thoughts

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I'm looking for one. So what are your thoughts on this saddle.
Yes i know it's treed and i'm treeless but if fits I'll use it. So far it's only saddle in my budget with 7" gullet.
Jack is xwide 13" in a treed.

Wintec as whole or western version is just dreadful on feel and position and weight bearing etc.

You wont get a wintec western to fit that width horse. Wintec westerns are quite nasty too !!! I have a wintec aussie stock and they just dont compare - westerns look and feel really cheap and dont fit very well i'm afraid

So the ads saying FQB are not right then?

So what western will i get to fit him, second hand. What makes should i look at.:)

Found someone who will make me a treeless model. So if i dont like it it'll end up on ebay.
But want more info first.

Weve got a Hilason (we believe) treeless western saddle that we bought from No_Angel on here, and we love it! Its much more rigid than the majority of western saddles, but well made and super comfortable!!

Pics:
P121208_145501-1.jpg

P121208_1455.jpg

P151208_152901-1.jpg

We bought this instead of the wintec, think you can pick them up new for a similar price on ebay

xx

I like the look of that.

(i'm curious what the person standing is doing on jeremy kyle:)

Weight is not a problem for me, the hilason i've looked on the web, it's nice to see a pic with someone on it.

I've heard great things about the Hilason western treeless and wouldn't mind having one myself.

newrider.com