Wintec Saddle (don''t shoot me)

For the price i would rather go treeless.

I do know someone with a dressage model, not sure if its the latest out. They just appear expensive for what it actually is.

Interesting reading. Unfortunately I can't go treeless as I'm over the weight limit. I'm getting a Saddle fitter out in the spring and just thinking of cheap options I have the thorowgood cob totally the wrong shape for Jack but is fitted to Flora anyway. The lady I bought Jack from had him professionally fitted with a Wintec, I didn't buy the saddle with him as it was to small for me. Now he has changed shape and my Western no longer fits him, I have more saddles than horses :redface: but not one fits Jack, hence the question :unsure:

If he's remotely tricky to fit then I'd offload some saddles you do have and be able to throw more money at it. I totally agree with saddlefitter and her blog, you can't get away from pressure along the top edge of the panel in the Wintec, and in fact I think I was the fitter who mentioned the "damned kink" to her as she quotes it in that blog entry :biggrin:

What breed/shape is Jack, can you post pics?

Most of my saddles I use, I have 2 I could sell but one is a kids Western and a Draft Horse Aussie stock, I'm getting the fitter out in the spring as Jack has injured himself on his withers so he's out of action for a while, But I still don't want to spend a fortune, I measured him up for a Thorowgood he can out as a m/w GP, even though hes a shire hes not cob shaped.

250604_4077065047699_1314683856_5327332_1119757943_n.jpg

He's actually got a slight curve in there and would need more front panel than the cob model. If I was fitting him I think I'd start with our medium twist M&M GP which you can pick up used occasionally (though I hardly see ANY for sale these days, there used to be the odd one on all ths sites...). Again there are Comfort saddles I used to fit that would be worth a try used - Comfort Discovery GP and Intrepid VSD, both designed by my boss at NP and they fit broad backs but can cope with a wither and some shape, not dead flat.

Cheers I will give them a Google, Just got the vets bill in today nearly £400 for Sunday call out and Meds :sluggish:

Or you could try and pick up a Black Country cob type saddle second hand.

That is what I did. Mine has a flat back but a wither as well, and I was lucky enough to find a secondhand Black Country cob WH saddle on ebay. Seller was an absolute diamond, taking measurements, digging out pics of her horses back when he was in work (he was retired and her new horse didn't fit the saddle), and with the enormous help of Poohsmate on here, between everyone the saddle was pretty much the perfect fit!

Poohsmate reflocked it, and about three months ago he came back to flock it again because Tobes had slimmed down.

Love that saddle and it fits him beautifully. And only cost £230!

I have a lovely Black country VSD and I was gutted it didn't fit him its Floras "slim" Saddle so I use it on her in the spring. I must say its my favourite one she has. I also have 2 Criollos to kit out for spring with very different back shapes I'm saving like mad :bounce: but not getting anywhere :sluggish: At least they all have bridles :wink:

Bit of a wuss now :cry: I'm bad enough in the saddle. :redface: When I was younger I loved riding without a saddle :smile:

He's so beautiful! What is the area beside his spine like?
I used to have a Sensation Treeless for Minnie and Bixby. It even did a good job on Bixby's wither. This year though she was out of work for so long that her back was no longer flat and I had to go with a treed saddle.
If he just has wither but otherwise a nice flat back, a good quality treeless might be an option. (they cna be expensive too though. The Sensation was $1400 :eek:)

I posed that question about the "new" Wintec shim system on UltimateDressage, because I got a great price on a new Wintec Pro Dressage saddle that has it. The saddlers there said it's the same "system" that they've had for a while, except that they are marketing the shims to the public now. And good luck ever getting the panels back on if you shim the back, hehe.

newrider.com