Wintec girth information

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Sorry if this has come up before but has anybody used or got a Wintec elastic girth (they are kind of shaped:confused:) and they have a nice smooth soft plasticy sleeve. OH has had one for years that he uses on Joe and they are both happy with it. Its time for me to get a new one for Storm (we've gone back to using our working hunter saddle;)) I've looked at them but as they are £30 don't want to make a cockup and get it wrong! They do look like they've changed over the years to having a bit of shaping.
Thanks in advance:)

They do two styles a straight one and a shaped one, both made of the same material and both are elastic. I've used both and love them, so easy to clean too a quick blast with the hose and you're done! :D

I have one and I love it. It's sort of shaped - don't know exactly how to describe it. Keep thinking I should buy another in case something happens to the current one.

my saddler is bringing a wintec cair girth out with her, the shaped one that is apparently great at giving the horse freedom of movement...we will see.

Have decided to get something more comfortable as LL is grumpy at having her girth done up and its a cottage craft cheapy one.

my saddler is bringing a wintec cair girth out with her, the shaped one that is apparently great at giving the horse freedom of movement...we will see.

Have decided to get something more comfortable as LL is grumpy at having her girth done up and its a cottage craft cheapy one.

oooh the cair girths are lovely too, my friend has one and her horse went lovely in it! they're a bit fiddly to fit as you have to make sure the cair panel is dead central and do the girth up a hole at a time on each side. but i think my friend's horse would promptly stick her tongue out if she tried to go back to using a normal girth now! :D

oooh the cair girths are lovely too, my friend has one and her horse went lovely in it! they're a bit fiddly to fit as you have to make sure the cair panel is dead central and do the girth up a hole at a time on each side. but i think my friend's horse would promptly stick her tongue out if she tried to go back to using a normal girth now! :D

I have wanted one for ages but £78 is the cheapest I can find, I think they were originally over £100 in Jan of this year.

I find LL just whips her head around and bites if you do it too quick or tend to bite the stable do as you do it up, I have found doing one hole then pulling her front legs really helps.

newrider.com