Wind, back with a vengeance

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Well, it's blowing a hoolie again.

More fierce than the last one. I am not even going to attempt to open shed doors, really, I jest not, Opening shed doors, or car doors that are not parked in the right direction would be dangerous.

Ponies are going to have to wait until it dies down to gale force. This is a steady storm force gusting to severe storm.

ETA, I stand corrected, it's a "violent storm" force!

Last edited:
Well there is no way the ponies are going out today, I went over to have a look around, there are fish boxes everywhere, I cannot move them, it's too hard to sty on my feet. OH will have to deal with it when he gets home!
I just about managed to get the door open and get in to give them more hay. There's no way I could open the door safely to get any ponies out. The door would be ripped off.

I then got blown over trying to get back home. Oh hum.

Take care Wally, it must be dreadful. I complain when gates get blown back on me down our way, but it will be nowt compared with what you have up there!
It struck up at our place in the middle of the night last night, I got shunted about in my bed again! (Still living in a caravan!!!) it was interesting to say the least - still pretending to be on a ship but have to say the novelty does wear off after a while.
Fingers crossed it dies down soon up your way!

I'm on the other side of the islands - east and the winds are westerlies, so I'm a bit more sheltered than Wally. It's still more than a bit blustery though, and we've not taken the dogs for their usual morning constitutional.

Muppet Fraser just loves the wind though. He and Grace were outside earlier when all the others were in the barn. Grace has now given in and joined the others, but Fraser is still out by one of the windbreaks, all fluffed up. And no, I'm not going out to take a photo, and there's too much salt spray on the window to take one from inside!

I cannot see through any of the windows. Nice bathroom frosted glass effect

I'm on the other side of the islands - east and the winds are westerlies, so I'm a bit more sheltered than Wally.

Yes, there is a good reason they build major piers in Shetland where they build them. You must be in one of the most sheltered places in the islands when the wind is in this direction.

newrider.com